Ain I Akbar Recipes

Yogi Gupta

Sep 3, 2007, 11:45:15 AM9/3/07
to IndiaCurry.com Cooking
Ain I Akbar is a treasure full of old Moghul Recipes during the times
of Akbar the great. I have included 30 of well publicized recipes in
IndiaCurry.com.

These recipes only give the ingredients and the measure of each
ingredient, no processes are given.

During my research, I discovered that almost all of the websites that
have included these recipes have made one vital mistake. They have
mistaken Misqal as a weight of Ilahi Dinar. Thats an understandable
mistake.

Misqal was a unit introduced by Akbar equalling a weight of 96 Braley
corns. Based on Dinar, one misqal equals 4 grams approx, while based
on Barly corn, one misqal weighs about over 6 grams. Thats is about
45% understated amounts.

If you are interested in Ain I akbar recipes, please visit
IndiaCurry.com and look at historical recipes. Comments are wecome.
Yogi