IDEO Know How Talk THURSDAY (3.11) at 5:00 pm ¬ Judith Hornok

Rickson

Mar 3, 2010, 8:10:47 PM3/3/10
to IdeoKnowHowTalks
Know How Talks at IDEO
Thursday, 3/11/10 - 5:00 pm
IDEO Cafe*
Free and open to the public

Judith Hornok, author, journalist and communications expert in the
Arab market.

How women of the Gulf have designed my new way of thinking in business
and life.

Whenever Judith Hornok returns from trips to the United Arab Emirates,
Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, or Oman she’s asked, “How can
you move so freely and be so professionally successful in countries
dominated by men?” She simply responds with a hearty laugh and remains
convinced that the Western world has yet to recognize the advancement
of the Gulf states and their women.

Judith has worked as a journalist covering Formula One racing. Since
2002 she has specialized in the Arab market. She lectures widely on
this topic and recently spoke about the role of the business woman in
the Arab market at the European Forum Alpbach, which addresses the
themes of art, design, technology, health and the economy. There, she
suggested that people take a look behind the abaya before
contemplating any of their preconceptions. Judith also moderates panel
discussions about doing business in the Gulf.

Moderated by IDEO’s David Kelley

Here's our PROGRAM for Thursday (see attached poster):

5:00 – A thought starter:
David recently met Judith at the Festival of Thinkers in Abu Dhabi,
where she was speaking (along with seventeen Nobel laureates). He
believes she really has something of interest to say about doing
business in and understanding the Middle East.

5:15 – Judith Hornok
Judith will present how women of the Gulf have designed her new way of
thinking.

5:50 – Discussion – David will moderate a discussion.

*The Know How Talks are usually held on Thursdays at 5:00,
in IDEO's Palo Alto cafe next to our lobby at 100 Forest.
Enter from the alley between Alma St and High St.

The talks are open to the public. No need to RSVP.

To join the announcement list, please add yourself to the IDEO Know
How Talks group:
http://groups.google.com/group/IdeoKnowHowTalks

Rickson Sun

IDEO