And the good news: Idealist v3 in Windows 11

Lawrence

Nov 2, 2021, 11:52:48 AM11/2/21
to Idealist
In case any Idealist users were worrying about the impending update to Windows 11, I have just gone ahead with it. And the good news is that Idealist is still working. I assume the same limitations as with Windows 10 apply (i.e. Idealist has to be installed manually  and some settings such as defining new record or field types have to be done by directly editing the def file). But I am greatly relieved that Microsoft have not (yet) broken my favourite program.

Yours
Lawrence

Chris Hurrey

Nov 3, 2021, 7:41:47 AM11/3/21
to Idealist
Thank goodness. Though I'm not sure I want to 'upgrade' to Win 11 until the inevitable fixes are delivered. I had problems with Idealist until I reinstalled Win 10 and all was well again, except for the issues that Lawrence mentioned.