ITPS Amusement INdustry News 1.31.11

1 view

Shawn Haas

Jan 31, 2011, 11:18:04 AM1/31/11
to itps...@googlegroups.com

If you want to translate into your language, or are having trouble viewing this page, click here.

Click for more information regarding Ripley's Franchises.

International Theme Park Services, Inc. ("ITPS") delivers the news you want regarding the amusement and leisure industry on a daily basis. Nowhere else can you find a greater compilation of news covering the amusement and leisure industry!

ITPS can Assist in Improving Business Operations

  • Our clients find comfort in our tried and tested methods of improving their business operations and presenting them with solutions.
  • We provide the highest quality advisory services and offer “alternatives” when it may appear there are none.
  • We have affiliated professionals in investment banking, financing, accounting, law, restructuring, and bankruptcy.

ITPS Developing New Parks Attractions

In its traditional business - ITPS has the experience to develop, operate, enhance, and more for your new or existing facility. From the initial feasibility study, to design, site selection, to the operational manuals and on-site training, product selection, management, facility audits, and more.

Our experience is extremely varied, and we utilize professionals with relevant expertise when necessary, but we always deliver value. We look forward to speaking with you about your individual needs and appreciate your referrals. Call 513-381-6131 for details.

Monday January 31, 2011

Local theme parks and hotels enjoy 20 percent revenue growth in 2010
China - The Tourism Bureau under the Ministry of Transportation and Communications released a survey on Friday which shows that the revenues of local theme parks and tourism hotels saw growth of more than 20 percent in 2010.

Click for Article

Police to search operator of roller coaster over fatal accident at Tokyo Dome
Japan - Police plan to search the offices of Tokyo Dome Corp. soon on suspicion of professional negligence resulting in the death of a man who fell off a roller coaster in motion at its amusement park in central Tokyo, as it is believed that the safety bar for the victim's seat was not securely locked.

Click for Article

Cedar Point's carpenters busy all year long
Cedar Point in the winter can seem like an odd sight. Snow is on the ground, and it's empty and quiet. The picnic shelter near the park's entrance is boarded up from view. Inside the temporary makeshift shelter, equipped with heaters and work tables, the seeds of Cedar Point's spring renewal are being sown.

Click for Article

California's Great America amusement park losing another roller coaster
California's Great America has announced plans to remove the third coaster in less than a decade – a period in which no new coasters were added to the amusement park in Santa Clara, Calif. Invertigo, an inverted shuttle coaster that made its debut in 1998, will be removed to make room for a new attraction planned for 2012, officials said.

Click for Article

Talent scouts seek Six Flags performers
ARLINGTON, TX  — North Texans got their shot at stardom on Saturday as Six Flags Over Texas hosted auditions for the theme park's 50th anniversary season this year.

Click for Article

Deadline for boat tour bid Monday
If you ever wanted to run boat tours on the Niagara River, Monday's deadline day. Companies interested in win-n ing a lease from the Niagara Parks Commission on the water-front landing needed to operate tours from the Canadian side of the Niagara River has until Jan. 31 to submit their bids.

Click for Article

Mystery dinner theater moving to downtown Grapevine
GRAPEVINE -- A murder mystery dinner theater will be the among this year's additions to Grapevine's growing collection of entertainment and tourist attractions. Texas Star Dinner Theater is planning to open in April in downtown Grapevine, providing a new and permanent home for Lone Star Murder Mysteries, which have been a part of the Gaylord Texan Resort's entertainment options.

Click for Article

Earl Haig go-karts may soon run out of gas
Canada - Have Earl Haig's go-karts reached the end of the road? The city is considering the possibility of replacing the Earl Haig Family Fun Park's money-losing go-kart track with a "more environmentally-friendly and cost-effective recreational use," according to a planner hired by the city.

Click for Article

It's about time someone made waves at Ocean Breeze
VA - The first question everyone asks Kieran Burke, former Six Flags CEO and the new owner of Ocean Breeze Waterpark, is, will Hugh Mongous stay? Will the giant gorilla in swim trunks survive massive renovations and remain the landmark of the Virginia Beach water park? That's when Burke pulls the ol' switcheroo. Would you keep Hugh Mongous?

Click for Article

County's deal to take over Silver Springs hits a snag
Marion County would have taken control of the Silver Springs attraction this week under a proposed agreement between the park's operators and county officials.

Click for Article

No free ride for WetSide patrons
Australia - WETSIDE'S days as a free venue may soon be over. An admission fee for the $12 million foreshore water education park could be introduced in as little as five months. And in other news from the district's biggest tourist facility the water park may close during weekdays in the cooler months.

Click for Article

Georgia Aquarium Receives $40M in New Markets Tax Credit Funding
The most recent New Markets Tax Credit program transaction by Imagine Downtown, Inc. has provided a $25 million mezzanine loan to assist in the creation of the Georgia Aquarium's AT&T Dolphin Tales gallery.

Click for Article

Donations keeping Elmwood Park Zoo open through winter
PA - Norristown's Elmwood Park Zoo, threatened with closure because of a financial crisis, will survive through the winter with the help of $360,000 worth of donations, the zoo's director said Friday.

Click for Article

Abilene Zoo Opens New Reptile Exhibit To Attract Visitors
ABILENE, Texas -- The Abilene Zoo continues to expand, growing their reptile exhibit by bringing in more creepy crawlers to try and bring out the curiosity in people. The zoo has over 600 animals from all around the globe and this week they added a few more.

Click for Article

Singapore Opens Sentosa Boardwalk
Speech by Mr Teo Chee Hean, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Defense at the Sentosa Boardwalk opening celebrations on 29 January 2011 at Sentosa.

Click for Article

Tennessee tourism copes with snow and cold
NASHVILLE — Officials at Graceland in Memphis used a small plow to clear snow so Elvis worshippers could get into his famous home for tours. In Pigeon Forge, the Titanic Museum had an ice-carving event as an in-your-face response to winter weather.

Click for Article

Dubai's downturn brings halt to Tiger Woods luxury golf project
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — Plans for a Tiger Woods signature golf estate, including a boutique hotel and sheik-style palaces, have been shelved as Dubai's financial downturn claimed another major project launched during the eye-popping boom years.

Click for Article

Shawn M. Haas
Vice President of Retail, Operations and Information Technology
International Theme Park Services, Inc
2195 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45206
513-381-6131 Phone
513-381-2756 Fax

Email Shawn

For over 11 years, ITPS has been providing news updates to the industry. We continually strive to improve our offering and have made some changes to the news, beginning this week. We hope you find the changes beneficial and make it easier for you the reader to quickly find the news you want to read. Please email us for your feedback and suggestions. Thanks for reading!

To UNSUBSCRIBE or SUBSCRIBE, Change Email Address, delivery issues or to send attraction, facility press releases or job openings to the daily mailing, please email Shawn.

ITPS Amusement INdustry News now has advertising space available. ITPS News is the longest continuous email newsletter for the Leisure Industry. ITPS Amusement INdustry News is read by the Industry's leaders, decision makers, owners and senior management. Contact Shawn for advertising details and reasonable rates.

Visit news.interthemepark.com for past editions of the news are available on our website. Click here for previous daily news updates. To search the archives of ITPS Amusement News, click here.