[Q] Coud you give me a feedback for my idea [Ad-hoc network Identifier]

adioshun

Mar 21, 2007, 1:29:03 PM3/21/07
to Intelligent AdHoc Vehicular Communication Networks
Hello.

Nowadays, I've think about an ad-hoc network identifier (not a mobile
node's identifier)

As you know, MANET mobile node makes up their IP address randomly.

So there will be no fixed prefix which could distinguish networks.

If nodes could reachable(by radio range) to each other. They have the
same identifier, so called network identifier.

However, I could not found any papers or thesises relate this
subject.

Does anyone know this kind of subject or any idea about the advantage
of Network identifier

Thanks for reading.

I expect your reply or comment.

Arunkumar Thangavelu

Apr 25, 2007, 10:31:08 AM4/25/07
to INAD...@googlegroups.com
Hi adioshun,
Sorry for the delayed reply. Ur query is interesting. The adhoc network identifier is dynamic or we call call it as hot spot id. Any group of mobile dynamic nodes form the dynamic network where the network grouping also changes regularly as per location updates. The unique id is defined by the coordinator node on an aggreable format. Kindly get into the link given below:
This is acceptable for both IPv4 and IPv6. Good research works can be carried out - where location management methods play vital role.
Kindly give more updates on this work and make the group active. Kindly give ur identity
Regards,
Dr ARUNKUMAR THANGAVELU
Associate Professor - CSE
School of Computing Sciences,