Potential Nonsuch Diesel workshop - interest level sought.

329a...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2024, 2:12:49 PM (4 days ago) Jul 18
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Hello fellow Nonsuchers
Please allow this posting to serve as a level of interest inquiry . In other words, how many might be interested in a diesel workshop on a Saturday say in November or December this year? Start say 10 am till lunch and hopefully lunch at the workshop location.

This workshop would be hosted by an ol shipmate of mine, Joe DeMers. We’ve sailed a bunch of Bermuda Races together over the decades and he is a rep for Beta Marine Engines. He has held workshops at New York Yacht Club and elsewhere where his dry wit centers around the reality of how to deal with and trouble shoot problems aboard.

I’m working (in draft) of a location but want to pick a place that’s somewhat central to a wide swath of fellow Nonsuch owners. At present I’m chatting with a representative from Larchmont YC as a possibility. Any Nonsuch owner (or friend of one) would be welcome. Don’t have any data on costs, if any yet.

Pls share your thoughts and questions. Best, Gary /Aloki

ed.b...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2024, 2:20:01 PM (4 days ago) Jul 18
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com

I am interested depending on location and cost.  Thanks for trying to pull this together.

…..Ed

Ed and Marlene Brost

SaSeaCat - NS30U/322

Sarnia Yacht Club

image001.png

Rob Cohen "Soave" NS33 Westport, CT

Jul 18, 2024, 4:07:54 PM (4 days ago) Jul 18
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
I would attend.  I'm particularly interested in hearing thoughts about deciding when it's time to retire aging equipment.

Rob Cohen
s/v SOAVE
NS33 #009
Westport, CT

Bob Gehrman

Jul 18, 2024, 7:54:28 PM (3 days ago) Jul 18
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
Definitely interested.

Bob Gehrman
NS36 #52 “Fortunate”
Greenwich Bay, RI

Michael Stangl

Jul 19, 2024, 1:50:56 PM (3 days ago) Jul 19
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
Gary,

I am interested in the diesel workshop, too.  Anywhere in New England would work for me.

Regards

Mike

Mariposa
NS30U / Hull #272
Dutch Harbor, RI

Jean Morissette

Jul 19, 2024, 4:51:03 PM (3 days ago) Jul 19
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Same for me
Jean
Third Base 224
Montreal
Envoyé de mon iPhone

Charles Garbarino

Jul 19, 2024, 9:56:45 PM (2 days ago) Jul 19
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
I am interested as well. Repowering is in my future

Chuck Garbarino
As You Wish
N30U #292
Sodus Point,  NY

329a...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2024, 7:46:58 AM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Morning ,
So far seems we have seven interested in a workshop. Honest, I’d need twelve to 15 to make it work. So guess we’ll see if more interest stirs before I proceed.  Feel free to ask a friend to attend as well. Also, which is better, October or November? (I am leaning towards mid to late October as November seems to be a busy month for many)

Just as additional info, in the past , we’ve asked what sort of engine you have presently and Joe addresses specific issues he has encountered over the decades regarding that engine. This class isn't a standard /generic class where you learn how a diesel works but rather how to think through a problem and either fix/patch or be informed to discuss with a mechanic. Best, Gary/Aloki

Mark Nerenhausen

Jul 20, 2024, 10:11:54 AM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
this would be of interest to me

Mark Nerenhausen
Cloud Hidden 30U
New Bern, NC

Mark Collins

Jul 20, 2024, 10:49:34 AM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested.

Mark

Venturer - NS26C
Flotilla 6-5 USCGAux Fairhaven, Ma.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 2:12 PM 329a...@gmail.com <329a...@gmail.com> wrote:

Mark "Gunny" Collins
12 Springwood Drive
Rochester, Ma.  02770
"Semper Fi"

gpberntsen

Jul 20, 2024, 3:52:27 PM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com, INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
I would be interested. I have a Westerbeke 27.

George Berntsen
Wave Dancer NS30U #283
Black Rock Harbor, CT

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Jul 20, 2024, 7:56:48 PM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com
I’m always interested in learning more about my boat and engine.
Ed

Sent from my iPhone