Nereus - Fwd (Main) Mast Base

Craig Macdonald

Jul 16, 2024, 4:38:38 PM (6 days ago) Jul 16
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Screenshot 2024-07-16 at 22.34.36.png

Hi All,

I am currently in the process of trying to remove the mast bases on the Nereus 40.

Could tell me how to access the nuts on the underside of the Fwd Mast Base?

I am unsure if the nuts are glassed in place, or if I will infact need to make an inspection hole to access them.

The mast base appears to be sitting on a watertight section in the bow (As in image obve). Are the other Nonsuch models are the same?

Thanks,
Craig

Bob Neches (Me Gusta, Nonsuch 26U #233)

Jul 16, 2024, 6:25:45 PM (6 days ago) Jul 16
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Craig,

If you're an INA member, your best bet is to take advantage of the Association having Hinterhoeller's original rigger, Mike Quill, on retainer to answer member questions.  There aren't, as you no doubt know, many other Nereus owners running around.

-- Bob
   Me Gusta
   Nonsuch e26U #233
   Looking forward to seeing folks in Toronto:
        https://nonsuch.org/2024-INA-International-Rendezvous-Status

Craig Macdonald

Jul 16, 2024, 7:32:59 PM (5 days ago) Jul 16
to INA Nonsuch Discussion Group
Hey Bob, thanks for that. I just joined the INA