Re: Abridged summary of INA-Nonsuch-Discussion-Group@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics

nicholas burnett

Jul 20, 2024, 4:01:04 PM (2 days ago) Jul 20
to INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com

Dave
I mounted my radar on a stern mast and it was clear of the boom-  I thought . A new crew proved me wrong on thr delivery trip from Florida to Maine. While i was down below off watch we accidently jibed in a fresh breeze and the boom end rose up a foot or so, so that when it swung around it demolished the new radar.
With fresh eyes I saw that if the radar had been mounted 6" aft this could not have happened.
This fall I will have a new mounting plate fabricated that will sit no further forward than the radar mast and extend aft. This will keep everything clear of the boom, although I will always specify, more forcefully, a course higher than dead downwind (tacking downwind if necessary to keep on the course.)

Nick Burnett
NS33, Wiggins. '00
S.Portland, Maine

On Sat, Jul 20, 2024, 12:41 PM <INA-Nonsuch-Di...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Michael Stangl <mst...@rpdg.us.com>: Jul 19 01:50PM -0400

Gary,

I am interested in the diesel workshop, too. Anywhere in New England would
work for me.

Regards

Mike

Mariposa
NS30U / Hull #272
Dutch Harbor, RI

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at ...more
Jean Morissette <jean.mori...@gmail.com>: Jul 19 04:50PM -0400

Hi,

Same for me

Jean

Third Base 224

Montreal

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 19 juill. 2024 à 13:50, Michael Stangl <mst...@rpdg.us.com> a écrit :

Gary,

I am interested in ...more
Charles Garbarino <charles....@gmail.com>: Jul 19 09:56PM -0400

I am interested as well. Repowering is in my future

Chuck Garbarino
As You Wish
N30U #292
Sodus Point, NY

...more
329a...@gmail.com <329a...@gmail.com>: Jul 20 04:46AM -0700

Morning ,
So far seems we have seven interested in a workshop. Honest, I’d need
twelve to 15 to make it work. So guess we’ll see if more interest stirs
before I proceed. Feel free to ask a ...more
Mark Nerenhausen <mneren...@gmail.com>: Jul 20 07:11AM -0700

this would be of interest to me

Mark Nerenhausen
Cloud Hidden 30U
New Bern, NC

...more
Mark Collins <gunny....@retusmc.com>: Jul 20 10:49AM -0400

I'm interested.

Mark

Venturer - NS26C
Flotilla 6-5 USCGAux Fairhaven, Ma.

On Thu, Jul 18, 2024 at 2:12 PM 329a...@gmail.com <329a...@gmail.com>
wrote:

--
Mark "Gunny" Collins ...more
Discovery Sailing <dlde...@gmail.com>: Jul 19 10:22AM -0700

I have always had my radar mounted on a stern pole; my preferred location.
I installed one on my new-to-me Nonsuch 26 this spring. When sailing I
notices the end of the boom was way too close to ...more