IHE Radiology Technical Committee Change Proposal (CP) Ballot 2021C - Deadline May 21, 2021

Nichole Knox

Apr 21, 2021, 12:18:47 PM4/21/21
to ihe-ra...@googlegroups.com, ihe-rad-plan@googlegroups. com, Nichole Knox

IHE Radiology Technical Committee,

The IHE Radiology Technical Committee will be accepting votes and comments on Change Proposal (CP) Ballot 2021C for Radiology Profiles until May 21, 2021.

The Change Proposal (CP) and the details are linked here, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Lkp3K2YNQvp5wqJ6yePYdHzHiBKtflS3 and listed below.

  • CP-RAD-460: XCA-I Clarify IIG and RIG behavior with local community and remote communities

Submit your vote and comments: Votes and comments will be accepted using Google Forms. Click here to complete the form. Please note items starred (*) are mandatory.

Edit your responses: If necessary, you may edit your responses or forward the link to co-workers to complete your organization’s vote by multiple participants on or before May 21, 2021.  Please right click the “Edit your response” link you will receive in the confirmation notice, then copy the shortcut for use at a later time.

If your organization is an IHE International member, participating in this ballot will help you acquire or maintain voting rights.

Please contact i...@ihe.net with questions.

Thank you.

Nichole Knox

Radiological Society of North America
820 Jorie Blvd, Oak Brook, IL 60523
TEL 1-630-571-2670
FAX 1-630-571-7837

RSNA 2021 Annual Meeting
November 28 to December 2
Join us in-person at McCormick Place, Chicago

CP-RAD-460-CM.pdf
CP-RAD-460-CM.docx

Didi Davis

May 5, 2021, 8:07:37 PM5/5/21
to Nichole Knox, ihe-ra...@googlegroups.com, ihe-rad-plan@googlegroups. com
Greetings all,

I promised Lynn to get some “real-world” input submitted for consideration by the committee as you deliberate on this CP.  I am contributing this information as known behavior in the US for the Carequality Community. (https://carequality.org/members-and-supporters/).  There are 29 networks live in production, exchange 150 million clinical documents monthly in the US. This input relates to exchange of CDA documents that are retrieved 1-10 documents at a time to avoid latency issues for the clinical users by all the implementers.. There are 600,000+ physicians, 50,000+ Clinics and 4,200+ Hospitals that are customers of the 29 networks in production today.  The link in the first sentence above shows the 29 live implementers and the 20 implementers in process of moving into production in the future. .

  • XCA -I Retrieve allows for the definition of multiple image IDs. In practice, this does seem not seem to be used very often (possibly due to image sizes.  There are 5 networks in process of becoming implementers to exchange DICOM Radiology images, but they are not live yet.  Please note the 5 imaging use case implementers are Ambra, Hyland, Life Image, Nuance and Phillips.  I would be happy to connect you to their technical folks to provide further input, but I have confirmed with each that they plan to limited retrieval of images in much the same manner as the other networks do with documents.

Please let me know if I can provide further input or if you have any further questions.

  3:59 PM
I think we’ve found that at most 10 docs at a time is broadly supported
2 replies
Last reply 11 months agoView thread
  3:59 PM
I think we’ve found that at most 10 docs at a time is broadly supported
2 replies
Last reply 11 months agoView thread
  3:59 PM
I think we’ve found that at most 10 docs at a time is broadly supported
2 replies
Last reply 11 months agoView thread
Warmest regards,

Didi Davis
VP, Informatics, Conformance & Interoperability

The Sequoia Project® - Connected we stand!
Connect with us: Twitter | LinkedIn  | YouTube

Email Confidentiality Statement
This e-mail and any attachments transmitted with it are proprietary and confidential and legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or agent of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy all copies of the message and any attachments thereto.

<CP-RAD-460-CM.pdf><CP-RAD-460-CM.docx>