Perth Games Industry Community Profile (March 2009)

Nick Lowe

Apr 4, 2009, 9:42:43 PM4/4/09
to IGDA...@googlegroups.com
Hi *,

The Perth Games Industry Community Profile (March 2009) is now available
for download from Let's Make Games (letsmakegames.org)!

Here's an excerpt from the introduction:

"The Perth games industry has seen massive growth recently, with over 50
new industry professionals added to the local talent pool in the last
two years. With such quick change, it is vital to ensure that changing
needs are met and new opportunities are capitalised upon. As part of the
Let’s Make Games initiative, we hope to coordinate with local industry,
government, and educational institutions to ensure that this growth can
continue at a sustainable and productive pace.

The first step in this process is to assess the characteristics of the
local industry and identify pragmatic measures that can be undertaken to
facilitate organic growth. With that mind, we conducted an online survey
of the Perth Games Industry. This document describes the data collected
by the survey, and outlines directives that we will pursue as a result."

Thanks to everyone who responded to the survey that led to this report.

Special thanks to Jack Casey for the cover image and Paul Turbett for
the foreword. :)

Regards,

Nick
OneTwenty

BTW: Printed copies will be available for purchase in future.