Compression time limitations?

Barnabas Madai

Jun 1, 2018, 11:11:51 AM6/1/18
to Hutter Prize
Hello

While it is clear that the decompression cannot take longer than 8 hours on the specified machine, I was curious if there is any limitation on the compression time.

Thank you.

Matt Mahoney

Jun 1, 2018, 11:16:43 AM6/1/18
to Hutter-Prize
There is no time or memory limits on compression. You can submit a compressed file and decompressor only.

Barnabas Madai

Jun 2, 2018, 2:37:44 PM6/2/18
to Hutter Prize
Thank you for the reply.

I am finishing a proof of concept in java. Will have to rewrite it in c.

If the proof of concept works, I have no doubt it will break the current record.