Hutter Prize

Pavel Fuente

Nov 25, 2022, 8:19:29 AM11/25/22
to hutter...@googlegroups.com
Greetings to all I need to know if I can present two dictionaries, the first one is for words as other compressors have always presented it, and the second one is for strings of bits, which do not form words, I need to know if there is any rule that does not allow presenting more than one dictionary, it's clear to me that the size of the dictionary is also added to the total, as are the other files presented. Greetings and have nice day.

James Bowery

Nov 25, 2022, 10:23:41 AM11/25/22
to Hutter Prize
Nothing in the rules prohibits the use of any kind ancillary files so long as they are included in the original submission and thereby add to the length of that submission.  For example, there is no explicit allowance for "dictionaries" but they are allowed simply because they are not prohibited.  Likewise for any other ancillary files included in the length of the submission.

Pavel Fuente

Nov 25, 2022, 12:24:55 PM11/25/22
to hutter...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the clarification, because what I am working on creates auxiliary files that are created only once here in my work environment, then these auxiliary files will be needed to zip and unzip the enwik9, and of course that the size of these auxiliary files plus the sum of the compressor, plus the sum of the compression result, all that sum must be less than the record. Greetings to all and have a good day.