The Horrific Human Rights nightmare for Alan John Davies continues. PLEASE HELP! expose it.

Juanita

Oct 21, 2006, 2:21:20 AM10/21/06
to Human Rights In Action
Hello [accompanied by screams for HELP!]

Please take a moment to consider this case of abominable human and
legal rights abuse and persecution of a totally innocent man, that has
to date been suffered by Mr. Alan John Victor Davies (a British
citizen) for close to 17 years in Thailand.

Firstly allow me to apologise if this post is not topical for this
group, but there is an urgent necessity to have this case, and John's
desperation, brought to the attention of those who may be able to
assist in some way.

The following is a brief in regard to what has become known
internationally now as one of the worst, most blatant and extended
cases of persecution, abuse of human and legal rights and a blight on
the institutions of the British Government - the FCO departments in
particular - and the judiciary and the law enforcement agencies in
Thailand; An injustice and persecution of an innocent British man that
has been strenuously and consistently challenged by that victim of it,
as well as thousands of concerned people - apart from his family,
friends and supporters - who have become aware of it. But which, though
he has fought for almost 17 years to date to be treated justly and in
accordance with the laws of that land; though the British Government
has gone so far as to acknowledge (way back in 1999) that he has
suffered a massive travesty of justice and human rights at the hands of
the Thai institutions that are involved; that his case was the subject
of a British Parliamentary debate in the House Of Commons, which was
initiated by 19 concerned British MPs in 1998, and which resulted in
the drafting and implementation of a new government policy; though
there has been endless communications sent to those officials
(including several previous Prime Ministers) in various Thai and
British government ministries who have been responsible for dealing
with such matters from time to time; though 55 Members of the European
Parliament sent a petition direct to the Thai Royal Palace way back in
2000 requesting that the Royal Pardon Petition that he had submitted
some time previous be granted, he remains in prison and his second
petition for release that was initiated by his daughter in 2002 has yet
to even reach the palace for the Thai King's consideration.

Mr. Alan John Victor Davies (currently resident at Klong Prem prison,
Bangkok)
is now 65 years of age, he is not well, he has been separated from his
family and friends
for the 17 years of his life that have been stolen from him; He is, and
always has been,
totally innocent and has always been able to prove that. The
transcripts of the prosecution
case during his trial are in themselves unambiguous proof of that. At
least six of the Thai Criminal Code laws were breached by the courts
and the public prosecutor during his
trial. The police were permitted to be in, and stay in, contempt of the
court by simply
refusing to obey a 'court order' (initiated by the defense) to tender
evidence that would
have proven beyond doubt that he is innocent (and also that they were
corrupt. Corruption
of course being the catalyst that was responsible for the present
political situation in Thailand) Yet he was initially sentenced to
DEATH in spite of it all.

To see those transcripts and the more than '150' inconsistencies, false
evidence, perjurious testimony and fabrications that made up the
farcical prosecution case, please permit me to direct you to the
following Internet website where they are meticulously detailed. I urge
you to scrutinise them and I'm certain you will be disturbed at what
you see.
<http://www.sebastianwilliams.bravehost.com/transcripts1.html> click
the right arrows at the bottom to see all six pages.

I am angry; I am absolutely shocked, appalled and disgusted that after
all this time; after all of the petitions, letters from his legal
advisors, his family and supporters; after all of the torture and
torment that he has been made to endure for the past 17 years that none
of the British Foreign Ministers, nor any relevant British Ministers of
State or any of the relevant Thai Ministers have moved so much as a
finger to ensure that this incredible travesty of Justice and Human and
Legal Rights has been dealt with according to the British Foreign and
Commonwealth Office's and the Prime Minister's, oft broadcast
assurances that Human and Legal Rights are at the top of the
government's priorities in respect to British Foreign Policy; This even
though the Prime Minister's office alone has been sent in the region of
1,000 or more letters, and the FCO has been sent an endless stream of
mail from Mr. Davies, his lawyers and other concerned parties to
protest and demand for decisive action.

But in spite of all of these efforts directed at the various Thai and
British 'powers that be' for him to be afforded the justice he - like
everyone else - deserves to be given, he remains to this day living in
the squalor of Klong Prem prison, fighting against all odds, but still
somehow managing to survive.

It's probably not necessary for me to do this but I will just the same:
The following is a copy the latest British Foreign Minister's speech on
the Human and Legal Rights issue that she gave the moment she took
office.

###

At the heart of any foreign policy must lie a set of fundamental
values. For this Government, the values that we promote abroad are
those that guide our actions at home. We seek a world in which freedom,
justice and opportunity thrive, in which governments are accountable to
the people, protect their rights and guarantee their security and basic
needs. We do so because these are the values we believe to be right.
And because such a world is the best guarantee of the security and
prosperity of the people of the United Kingdom.'
- Jack Straw, then Foreign Secretary, launching the new FCO Strategy in
March 2006.

Human rights remain at the heart of the foreign policy agenda and the
UK works through international forums and bilateral relationships to
spread the values of human rights, civil liberties and democracy which
we in the UK demand for ourselves.

###

Alan John Davies has committed no crime, he has deserved no punishment,
and as such can not logically petition the Thai King for a Royal
'Pardon' (even though he has done so twice to date as the only avenue
available to him) He instead should be immediately vindicated and
released unconditionally.

Please, after seeing the evidence for yourself, help us to broadcast
this continuing tragedy and do whatever is in your capacity to do to
help us pressure the British and Thai governments to take the matter of
having him released and vindicated very seriously, and to see to it
that this intolerable injustice, persecution and abuse is terminated at
the earliest possible moment and to not only request, but to 'demand'
from the Thais his unconditional release.

Friends, John will be released on the 7th of May 2007 after being
imprisoned for more than 17 years as a totally 'and indisputably'
innocent man. He will re-enter the community he was so ruthlessly
removed from, as a baby enters the world: with nothing; with a life to
reconstruct from scratch, and to add insult to injury, in poor health
to boot. He will need some (a lot of) help, and this mail is in part
also to solicit some assistance from you in broadcasting our financial
support Appeal Fund which is for the sole purpose of creating a cushion
for him to fall on, and to allow him to adjust to his new world with a
little dignity and without being burdened with the additional concerns
of how he will survive during the process. However instead of simply
begging for a handout, some of John's friends have decided to sponsor
this Appeal Drive and will cover contributions with a valuable reward
for contributors' compassion and empathy. All links to these provisions
are on the mentioned URL.

I pray, together with all of those who care, that you will do what you
can to help us in this crusade..

Please take a moment to visit the Forum before you leave the website.
http://www.sebastianwilliams.bravehost.com/forum.html
see also: http://www.juanita611.bravehost.com/index.html

With our unbounded thanks in advances.

Yours Sincerely.
Juanita (One of John's Friends and a long time supporter)