KARAMAH: MUSLIM WOMEN LAWYERS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS

cabin...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2006, 1:28:30 PM2/5/06
to Human Rights In Action
Achairde All:

Well, as you can see, I am back. (Much to the relief of Activists and
the dismay of various governments ~ including my own!)

This is a charitable, educational organization which focuses upon the
domestic and global issues of human rights for Muslims. KARAMAH stands
committed to research, education, and advocacy work in matters
pertaining to Muslim women and human rights in Islam, as well as civil
rights and other related rights under the Constitution of the United
States.

KARAMAH is founded upon the idea that education, dialogue, and action
can counter the dangerous and destructive effects of ignorance,
silence, and prejudice.

KARAMAH seeks to support Muslim communities in America and abroad in
the pursuit of justice. When we talk of human rights abuses, we often
direct our attention to governments and institutions. We must not
forget, however, that the most basic of our rights emerges within our
private and our domestic spheres.

Please check out:

KARAMAH: MUSLIM WOMEN LAWYERS FOR HUMAN RIGHTS
http://www.karamah.org/home.htm

and don't miss a stop at a very educational page at their site:

Women in Islam: Muslim Women
http://www.uga.edu/islam/Islamwomen.html

This gives a concise description of Islamic Feminism. The Home Page
includes a link to their Arabic Website as well.

Slan leat,
Elaine
AKA Cabin Fever
CABIN FEVER ONLINE
http://blog.efx2.com/user/CabinFever
http://cabinfever.modblog.com
HUMAN RIGHTS IN ACTION
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Human-Rights-In-Action
"EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINION, BUT NOT THEIR OWN FACTS!"
(DPM)