7 Year old and dad

Alice Carter

Jan 10, 2024, 12:54:00 PMJan 10
to Housing_A...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,
Alana Gordy age 7 and her dad Cameron Gordy needs room for a month when they will get family unit at COI. Allison Hobgood at CDDC asked me to interview him and I did. He is not used to being houseless. He came from CA bc had family here but they can’t or won’t help him. He ended his bad marriage or partnership of many years and needed to leave CA. Alana is enrolled in Catherine Jones Elementary. They are staying at Days Inn but the money is running out.
Let me know if you have information that will help me get them through the next 39 days, if you will.
Thank you,
Alice
Sent from my iPhone

Devine, Sarah

Jan 10, 2024, 2:27:30 PMJan 10
to Alice Carter, Housing_A...@googlegroups.com
We are working with this family as well, and along with CDDC we'll make sure they are contacted when hotel rooms open up through Faith, Hope and Charity. I am unfortunately not aware of any longer-term housing options beyond what they are already on the lists for, though.

Sarah Devine, MSW (she/her)
Family Outreach Supervisor
McKinney-Vento Liaison
Foster Care Point of Contact

Corvallis School District 509J

Cell: (541) 230-4735

Address: 1555 SW 35th Street | Corvallis, OR  97333

https://www.csd509j.net/students-parents/family-advocacy-support/

--
——————
Housing Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

VISION: All residents have access to affordable housing options. Housing is energy efficient, provides a healthy living environment, and reduces waste through recycling and preservation; and all new construction minimizes impacts on our resources and environment.

sustainablecorvallis.org/what-we-do/action-teams/housing
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Housing Action Team | Corvallis Sustainability Coalition" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/Housing_Action_team/C8BDAC71-7C40-47E7-9052-5F60E31FDAC5%40gmail.com.

Judy Smith

Jan 10, 2024, 2:43:04 PMJan 10
to Alice Carter, Housing_A...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alice and Team,
I am not familiar with short term housing options in Corvallis. Home Share Oregon doesn't have any available opportunities in Corvallis currently, and our program is designed for longer term housing.
I'd love to know what resources ARE available for this type of situation. Is the 211 resource available in Corvallis?
Warm regards,
Judy

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 9:54 AM Alice Carter <alicestuartf...@gmail.com> wrote:
--