richard holt

James-Arlen Lott grand son of G p Lott MaryEJones Lott

Jul 13, 2009, 10:19:35 PM7/13/09
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
Hello,

I would like to ask who the mother of dicey holt jones is, her father
is Richard Holt but who is his wife, also do you know who richard
holt's father and mother were? I am also looking for information about
George Pickett Lott, who married Mary E Jones, daughter of eli and
Dicey.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Sincerely,
Jim Lott

Clayton Mann

Jul 14, 2009, 1:50:38 AM7/14/09
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
At this point no one is certain who her mother was that I am aware of.  However, I think her last name was likely to be Searcy.  We need to talk with any Searcy experts out on the Internet and see what they think.  I'm speaking of the Searcy family that was in Johnston County, NC in the 2nd half of the 18th century.
I don't have much on George Pickett Lott except that he was born in South Carolina about 1813 and married Mary E. Jones about 1834 in Haywood County, Tennessee.  I assume he died in Tennessee.
Clayton

blade...@aol.com

Jul 14, 2009, 11:39:58 PM7/14/09
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
From my understanding.. Dicey's mother was Elizabeth Holt (maiden name Searcy). In case it helps, Dicey's real name is Dicia.

I am not sure of Richard's parents.

And sorry I'm not familiar with Lott either

blade...@aol.com

Jul 14, 2009, 11:41:20 PM7/14/09
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Dicia's (Dicey) mother was Elizabeth Holt (maiden name Searcy).

Clayton Mann

Jul 15, 2009, 12:46:21 AM7/15/09
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
How did you become aware of this?  I've seen her first name listed as Elizabeth and also as Mary.  Through my own research I concluded her last name was likely Searcy, but I've not seen her first name listed anywhere.  Please let us know your source if you don't mind.
Thanks,
Clayton

blade...@aol.com

Jul 15, 2009, 10:24:12 PM7/15/09
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
I thought the source came from the site, but it may have came from a family tree my grandfather let me see a few months back. I dont have it any longer so I cant clarify it for you

Kyle

Jul 22, 2009, 12:33:29 AM7/22/09
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Will do Clayton! I actually have a question for you.. Are our "Holts" related to the Holts from Alamance? Im fairly sure they are, from a ways back, but if you knew any relation I would be interested. The "Alamance" Holts are directed related to William and John Holt.. who were two of the colonial governors of Williamsburg in the 1730's.

Thanks,