Chatham County Deeds

Mimi

Mar 14, 2007, 1:28:11 PM3/14/07
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
Chatham County Deeds show that George and Elizabeth Holt deeded land
to their children:

1 Mar. 1881, Maturia Mann, tract of land lying on waters of the New
Hope, 70.5 acres. B-C, p77

12 Dec. 1873, Harriet Mann, tract of land on Beaver Creek, 52 acres.
B-N, p96

13 Dec. 1873, Ruffin Holt, tract of land lying on the waters of the
New Hope, 50 acres. B-N, p32

19 Dec. 1879, Then there was a deed where George and Elizabeth sold
to WF or WT Edwards for $50 an 8 acre tract of land adjoining land of
Rigdon Holt and Edy Byrd. B-R, p88

I do not know who this Edwards is. Anyone know anything about him?

Mimi Kelly

Mar 14, 2007, 3:12:42 PM3/14/07
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com

I have in my database that George Andrew Holt and wife, Catherine Gardner had a daughter by the name of Angelina, b. about 1851.  I do not know who she married or when she died.

I did find a Chatham County Deed, dated,  18 Jan. 1878, where George A. Holt and wife, Catherine, sold to Angeline Mason, a tract of land for $150.00.  Deed Bk, A-W, p287.

Did Angelina marry a Mason?  Does anyone have and further info on her?

Mimi Kelly

Clayton Mann

Mar 15, 2007, 12:22:50 AM3/15/07
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
I think Angeline married George N. Mason.  There is a George & Angeline Mason a couple of households away from George Andrew & Catherine Holt in the 1880 census in New Hope, Chatham County, NC.  Must be the same person.  Age is right.  Found George and Angeline again in 1900, but struggling with 1910.  Think they may have moved to Wake County.  Apparently George was a soldier in the War for Southern Independence...there is a George N. Mason that is buried in Raleigh in Oakwood Cemetery who died in 1914, and there is a George Mason who lived in the Soldier's Home in Raleigh and applied for a pension in 1913.  His wife, who was Angeline I believe, died before he did.  I think she is the Alliline Mason (should be Angeline Mason) who died in 1911 in Wake County.  I'll follow up on that.

I bet there is a record in the Chatham County marriage register for George and Angeline.

Clayton