Holt/Poe family

Janice Robertson

Jan 10, 2016, 9:21:04 AM1/10/16
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
My 2nd great parents were Young Anderson Holt and Thenea Louisa Poe Holt.  In my family research I am trying to find to locate the the sister of  my Thenea Poe Holt  born 1843 and death 1891. Thenea was born to the parents of Andrew Jackson Poe aka A.J., Jack or Jackson in records and the mother Nancy Boyd Poe.  In the 1850, 1860 and 1870 census of Chatham County, North Carolina I have the name Malissa Poe born 1850 and the name also spelled Melipa  also included with my Poe family.  When I have looked at the census for 1900 for Andrew Jackson Holt and his wife Mary it seems to me that the name at bottom could possibly be Nancy who was listed as mother-in-law. I know that these families all lived in the same area.  In the search for burial for Nancy Boyd Poe  I am thinking the grave at Christain Chapel Christian Church could be my Nancy from my tree.  I have searched for the marriage record for Andrew Jackson Holt and Mary but have not located anything yet as I was hoping a parent could possibly be listed for Mary Melissa.  For anyone searching for for parents for Andrew Jackson Holt's  wife Mary Melissa please give me your input for this possible match up. Please email if any information for this family.  I have records for census, marriage as proof of Jackson Poe and Nancy Boyd Poe as well as DNA on GEDmatch and Ancestry. The only problem with the grave being of my Nancy Poe is that if she was listed on the 1900 census the grave has the death date of 1899.  I have talked to several researchers and was told it was normal for the dates to be off due to the time frame of placing the grave marker and not remembering the exact date of death by family members.  My email  jan...@yahoo.com.