Richard Holt II family 1830

Clayton Mann

May 1, 2006, 11:57:58 PM5/1/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
I have attached a copy of the page from the Chatham County NC 1830 census that includes Richard Holt II (ca 1776 - 1837) and his son Rigdon (ca 1805 - post 1880).  I have identified all the members of these two families using what I know of them.  I'm fairly confident that my notes are correct.  The one question I have about the members in these two families as represented in this census is who is the 2nd male 20 to 30 in Richard's household.  One of the two is Richard III, born circa 1810.  The other one is unknown to me and likely not Richard's son, but I may be wrong.  The 1820 census does not support another son being in Richard's household, nor do later census records, nor any of the notes handed down by Holt family members through the years, nor any deeds, wills, etc.  My hunch is that this male 20 to 30 is either Jeptha or Alsey Holt, nephews of Richard.  Both were born before 1810.  I think one of them was living with Richard possibly because their father George (and Richard's brother) had died in late 1825 and more importantly because if you check the census record for "Siddy" Holt, George's widow, in 1830 you will see only one of her two older boys living with her.  Neither shows up in their own household in this census, and from what I can tell, neither were married until about 1831 or late 1830 at the earliest.

Incidentally, Richard's other two oldest sons, Squire and George, were already married and out on their own, as was their sister Sintha Holt who married James Spivey.  Also, I have placed my notes on this page so that no marks are covered up so you can review the other families on this page w/o wondering about that.

Clayton
HoltRichard&HoltRigdon-ChathamNC1830.gif

Mimi Kelly

May 2, 2006, 3:10:31 PM5/2/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Clayton, in the 1830 census entry for Siddy Holt there are 6 children.   I have 6 children for George and Siddy but do not have a female that would be the right age for the female child that is between 10 & 15 years old in the 1830 census..  Did they have 7 children?  If so who is the seventh child?

Also do you know where George and Siddy are buried?

Mimi

Clayton Mann wrote:

--

Frogs Mimi Kelly

Clayton Mann

May 2, 2006, 9:11:28 PM5/2/06
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
Here are is the George A. & Siddy Holt family as I have it:

Summary of George Andrew HOLT
Name:    George Andrew HOLT
Sex:    Male
Father:    Richard HOLT (abt 1750 - 1823)
Mother:    SEARCY-?? (abt 1750 - abt 1821)

Individual Facts
Birth    abt 1777    Johnston County, North Carolina
Death    1825 (age 48)    Merry Oaks, Chatham County, North Carolina
Cemetery        Christian Chapel Christian Church Cemetery

Marriages/Children
1. Penelope "Siddy" JOHNSTON
Marriage    abt 1802   Cape Fear District, Chatham County, NC or Buckhorn District, Wake County, NC
Children:
    Jeptha HOLT (abt 1804 - bet 9 NOV 1857 and 8 FEB 1858)
    female HOLT (bet 1805 and 1808 - aft 1820)
    Alsey HOLT (abt 1809 - FEB 1853)
    Elizabeth "Betsy" HOLT (abt 1811 - 1884)
    Grace "Gracie" HOLT (abt 1814 - bet 1850 & 1859)
    Martha "Patsy" HOLT (abt 1816 - aft 1880)
    Anderson Andrew HOLT (1821 - 4 DEC 1893)
    Jane HOLT (1825 - aft 1880)

I think there may have been another son who was born after 1820 and died before 1830.  I hope to prove that through County Court Minutes.
I may be able to determine the oldest daughter's name, as well.

Clayton