Chesley and Wesley Holt

Nance

Mar 4, 2008, 3:18:04 PM3/4/08
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
Has anyone determined if Chesley and Wesley Holt were twins? They
were sons to Alsey and Prudence Holt, and I have various sources that
list their birthdates as the same year and some two years apart.
Thanks for considering this request. Nan

jeann...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2008, 10:26:38 AM3/5/08
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
The 1850 United States Federal Census lists Chesley Holts age at 5
years old and Wesley Holt at age 3. Does this correspond with your
information?
Jeanne

Clayton Mann

Mar 6, 2008, 10:01:32 AM3/6/08
to HoltCha...@googlegroups.com
I have not heard that they were twins.  The 1850 and 1860 censuses indicate they were not.  Not sure these censuses can be trusted to answer this question, especially the 1860, but with no evidence to the contrary I'm inclined to think they were not twins.

Clayton
HoltAnderson+HoltAlsey+MimsDavid+MannSally-ChathamNC1850.gif
MannJohn~MannSally~MannJerry~HoltPrudence-EasternChathamNC1860.jpeg

Nance

Mar 6, 2008, 11:30:48 AM3/6/08
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
Thank you, Jeanne and Clayton! I must have misread the 1850 Census
for Alsey's children. The "3" for Wesley looks very much like the "5"
for Chesley...at least it did to me!?! Also, the names sound like
typical twin's names, don't you think! Nan