Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions, 1841

erm...@hotmail.com

Apr 19, 2007, 9:57:25 PM4/19/07
to Holt Family of Chatham and Wake Counties, NC
These notes are taken from FHL microfilm 0590301

Feb 1841
Sam P. Norris was administrator de bonis for estate of [Murray]
Richardson

Barzilla Mims returned guardian account for Jane Holt

Ordered that Samuel Pike be appointed overseer of the road from the
County Line to Hobsons Creek & the following hands work under him (To
wit) Bennet Fox Alfred Vestal Wm Pickett [Price] Vestal Wm Vestal
William Pike Calvin Vestal John Underwood Simon Pickett John Ferguson
Newly Vestal [Evor] Vestal Albert [May] Paris Pearce David Vestal
Joel Edwards Wiley Pickett Wm [Stag] Solomon Holt Issac Nelson. [I am
guessing this Holt is from the Alamance Co family]

Andrew J. Mann appointed an overseer of a road crew [I didn't copy
the list of workers as I wasn't sure this was our Mann family]

Rigdon Holt to be called as a juror for May term

Rowland T. Mann and John T. Mann appointed to a road crew [I now know
this was the other Mann family]

May 1841
T. T. Man appointed to take the list of taxables in Cooks District

Rigdon Holt served as a Grand Juror

Aug 1841
Wesley Mann to be called as a juror for September term [Superior
Court]

Ordered that Ezra Holleman be appointed overseer of the road from
Barzilla Mims to Jeremiah Manns & that Wm Mann Alsa Holt Jordan
Holleman & Wm Goodwin work under him.

Nov 1841
Ordered that the shff pay John Holt four dollars & forty six cents the
amnt of his witness ticket State vs. George Drake in Supr Court