Adsense and internet explorer

MK

Sep 29, 2009, 8:49:20 AM9/29/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
We have google adsense on some pages on www.charlotteparent.com. We
receive very little $ from this, but have left it on some pages
anyway. I normally use firefox, and discovered by chance this week
that I can't see the adsense ads with internet explorer. The home
page, for example, has an adsense banner above the footer that
displays ads on firefox but on internet explorer says "Webpage cannot
be found". I looked on the google adsense forum, and from what I can
tell, apparently this is not unusual, and appears to be a problem with
internet explorer or some kind of addon that blocks ads. Any
recommendations to fix this? I don't want to leave these up with this
error message since almost 70% of our visitors use internet explorer.
I tried removing and replacing the code - but this did not help.

David Kyle

Sep 29, 2009, 11:01:50 AM9/29/09
to hip...@googlegroups.com
It's not an ad blocker. I'm guessing that IE is having trouble processing
your terrible code. Your site has a ridiculous amount of nested tables,
and quite a few table errors, i.e. closing tables before closing rows, <td>s
without a preceding <tr>, etc.

The Adsense code is javascript that turns into an inline iframe. The error
you are getting is res://ieframe.dll/http_400.htm which tells me it's a
problem ie is having with the frame.

A way to check this is by placing the adsense code at the very bottom of
your code outside of the last </table> tag. If the ad displays correctly,
you'll know the problem is with your code. If that's the case, the solution
is loosing all the nested tables and putting everything in divs. (which is
how it should have been done to start with)

David Kyle

MK

Oct 1, 2009, 8:29:52 AM10/1/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
David,
Thanks for a suggestion of how to test this. We are working now on a
redesign which will do what you suggested - lose all those nested
tables. We know they are a problem.
MK