Facebook - problem with page

Karen

Sep 24, 2009, 6:59:35 AM9/24/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Has anyone run into this and know how to fix it? A non-profit that I
would like to volunteer for, just emailed me with this:

"I have been locked out of FB AGAIN and have been emailing them almost
daily to figure out what's going on. The only thing I have found
online is that FB may have issues with gmail aliases...or, I think
they may not want to help businesses/organizations. I am soooooo
frustrated and mad about the situation.

So, although I once considered myself a FB expert, I'm having second
thoughts! Have you had issues like this before? PLEASE feel free to
take a look @ our page. When you log-in, you will see that for some
reason they have wiped out all our info, and have associated the
account to me AGAIN (as a new user). But, if you search for us... make
sure you choose the one that has been updated most recently ... the
info is still there. Anything you can do to get us up & running again,
would be so appreciated! Thanks!"

She gave me her login info.

glaikit

Oct 1, 2009, 2:23:04 PM10/1/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Hi Karen,

"... they may not want to help businesses." Well, that's MY opinion of
Facebook so far and if they don't get with it, Facebook for business
is going to be QUICKLY dropped from the SMM toolbox.

The way Corey explained it to me made sense. Facebook is centered
around a single profile, to which you are adding information and
connections. Their help files clearly state they will remove what they
consider a sort of duplicate entry or any kind of finagling to get
around have one and only one "Profile".

But a lot of businesses, me included, started out with a Personal
Profile - then I finally figured out how to "add" a page for my
business.

What a mess is all I can say.

I will soon (when I can) be attempting to delete my business page AND
my entire Fiona Dudley Profile (if I can, if I "have to" to sort this
out) and start ALL over with a new login etc. starting by creating a
page, right from the Facebook home page, and defining it as a Branded
page.

What I'm afraid of is, that by the time I figure out how to create a
business-friendly profile on Facebook, all other businesses will have
written them OFF!!!

Fiona

Karen Mazza

Oct 1, 2009, 8:48:45 PM10/1/09
to hip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fiona!

Karen

Oct 3, 2009, 7:56:13 AM10/3/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Just wanted to post what worked in case it helps someone....got into
the non-profit Page by logging into admin's Profile then clicking Ads
& Pages at the bottom. Don't think she knew it was connected.