Internet Explorer 7.0

1 view

Ty

Oct 19, 2006, 12:29:19 PM10/19/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Have you heard? IE 7.0 is out. Here is the article and the link. I
am giving it a try right now, and will take some getting use to.
However, I do like the tabs. Instead of being at the bottom, you can
have them at the top.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/10/19/microsoft.webbrowser.ap/

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10001

Ty

Oct 20, 2006, 9:40:13 AM10/20/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Don't do it................
I just removed it, I DO NOT LIKE IT!!! It made my screen and fonts
freak out, even after trying to adjust the settings.

Why can't they just update the explorer functions instead of messign
with the computer settings!!

This is of course my opinion. You guys like firefox?

Karen...@charter.net

Oct 20, 2006, 10:04:50 AM10/20/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
I agree...I removed it also. It slowed my computer way down and it
wasn't as user-friendly as Mozilla.

Yes, I like Mozilla much better and appreciate the fact that they came
up with tabs idea first. Anyone know what the new features of IE are
(quick list) besides copying Mozilla's tabs?

Ty

Oct 20, 2006, 10:25:21 AM10/20/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
They have added an extra search box (You can choose what SE you want)
Extra security measures. (probably why it slowed your computer)
They have taken away some flexability of IE6.0 as regards the url box,
you can't make it smaller. ( I hate that)

I am tempted to start using firefox.

Corey

Oct 23, 2006, 10:09:21 AM10/23/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Thanks for the posts, Karen and Ty. I was about to try it out. I may
wait a while, now.

I appreciate your comments.

Corey

Ty

Oct 23, 2006, 2:08:48 PM10/23/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
IE7 Update:

Notice what happend to us recently, we can not login to our Google
adwords account and this is what Google said in response,
Hello Ty,

Thank you for your email. I have spoken with our technical team about
the issue that you are having and they have reported that users who
have attempted to access the AdWords system using the beta version of
Internet Explorer 7 have experienced some difficulties.

Please note that we will be waiting for an official launch for IE7
before any measures are taken to make everything compliant.

Our technical team has recommended that you attempt to utilize another
browser when logging into your account as the problem seems to be
centered on the browser you are attempting to use. They have
recommended Firefox as a viable alternative. Additionally, you may need
to try uninstalling the
IE6 version you have and re-installing that version if possible.

Sincerely,

Chris E.
The Google AdWords Team

mxp...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2006, 3:41:22 PM10/23/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
I installed IE7 last night. It made all of the fonts appear fuzzy and
blurry. I didn't mind the tabs, but the way the address bar/url was
took away the flexibility. Also, I had to reboot my router to continue
using the internet. I uninstalled it and now everything is working
well again.

Mark

Jason Dockery

Oct 23, 2006, 3:51:11 PM10/23/06
to Hip...@googlegroups.com
Wow!! Has anyone had a good experience with IE7 yet? I thought it would be much better than IE6, but I'm afraid to download it now, especially with Ty's AdWord troubles. HOORAY for Microsoft, creating another killer product.

Jason

Corey

Oct 24, 2006, 9:01:54 AM10/24/06
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Yes. Amazing. Has anyone searched around on the web about this? Is
this what everyone is saying?