I'd like to use Google Groups again. What do you think?

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Corey Creed

未读,
2012年8月14日 21:49:282012/8/14
收件人 hip...@googlegroups.com
I really want to start a new discussion group and/or forum to start some more interesting discussions again.

I started this particular Google Group in 2005.  I wonder if I should resurrect it.  It's pretty obvious that Google Groups will likely be incorporated into Google Plus sometime soon.

Another option would be to use a Facebook Group.

Another option could be to start a new site such as a Ning site.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Even if you don't, could you please reply or post a comment?  I want to see how well Google Groups works these days.

(It's changed a little over the last seven years.)

Corey

Karen M

未读,
2012年8月14日 22:33:512012/8/14
收件人 hip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Corey and so happy to hear you want to resurrect the group!

I'd recommend against Ning. It's kind of a pain.

I'd love to keep the Google group going since it's already in existence but a Facebook Group would be okay too.

Corey Creed

未读,
2012年8月16日 08:03:472012/8/16
收件人 hip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Karen!  Most important to me is the integration with email.  Thanks for posting here.  It helps me know what the email will look like.  If we had more people involved in the group, I would want a daily email to look pretty decent.

I'm on a number of Facebook Groups, and those tend to look a little better, I think.

But a group that I'm doing would be better suited to be on Google Groups and eventually Google Plus, I think.

What do you think?

Corey

PS:  Anyone else?  Please jump in and leave a message.  It's helping me test the system.

Karen M

未读,
2012年8月16日 10:01:402012/8/16
收件人 hip...@googlegroups.com
I'm not on Google + much at all even though I know I should be. My vote is for Google Groups :).

MK Cline

未读,
2012年8月17日 10:38:302012/8/17
收件人 hip...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Karen - I like seeing comments/updated in my email from Google Groups. Personally, I do not use facebook for business; we have others here at the company who are responsible for our facebook pages, and I'm in "personal" mode when I am on facebook.

Mary Kate

Corey Creed

未读,
2012年8月17日 11:07:092012/8/17
收件人 hip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks MK and Karen!  Much appreciated.  So happy to have you both on-board.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子