WordPress: All in One SEO plugin

Karen

Dec 10, 2009, 11:53:54 AM12/10/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
I know some of you use WordPress and have recommended the All-in-One-
SEO plugin. I can't for the life of me figure out why this one
client's meta tags won't show up on her homepage. I've added the meta
tags to all the pages in the All in One section but they show for all
the pages except the homepage. The only thing showing on the homepage
is a title tag and it isn't the one I entered -- just picks up her
name:

<title>Janis Allen </title>

It's blank in this section <!-- all in one seo pack 1.4.7 [282,319] --

Any help greatly appreciate.

Thanks much!

Matthew Gardner

Dec 10, 2009, 12:00:42 PM12/10/09
to hip...@googlegroups.com

Are any of you using affiliate programs with success?

If so, how did you attract your best affiliates?

We are ramping up a new affiliate program ourselves and would appreciate any feed back.

Kind regards,

Matthew A. Gardner
Colonblow.com

Windows 7: Unclutter your desktop. Learn more.

Karen

Dec 10, 2009, 3:24:23 PM12/10/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
I figured it out....dah. Have to enter homepage meta tags here:
Settings > All-in-One-SEO pack -- right on that page.

Chris

Dec 13, 2009, 12:38:10 PM12/13/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Karen,

Are you using a theme with your wordpress site? If so which one and
how is it working out? I just got hosting and downloaded the
wordpress program and got it all up and working but am very new to the
whole thing.

Karen

Dec 13, 2009, 6:34:12 PM12/13/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
They're actually both custom sites. What kind of questions do you
have?

Chris

Dec 14, 2009, 5:18:06 PM12/14/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Basically I'd like to have a static home page with a blog on another
page and a few informational pages. I'm not a coder but want the
ability to add different features to the site that's why I chose
Wordpress as the plugins let you do alot. Looking for a clean theme
that doesn't need much customization. I've been looking at the
Studiopress premium themes. They look like they'll do for what I
need. Again, I'm new to Wordpress. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Brett Bumeter

Dec 15, 2009, 5:05:52 PM12/15/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
I've had several clients work with Studiopress themes. In general
they are very good themes. If you have never worked with wordpress or
a stuidopress theme, you might get a little confused when it comes
time to replace the default example images used for logos with your
own, real logo.

Some other complexities can appear if you try to set up 'widgets' for
specific purposes for the first time, or select a template to make one
page look slightly different within the theme structure as compared to
another.

In the grand scheme of things Studiopress themes are slightly
advanced, so the learning curve is slightly amplified. That doesn't
mean you should jump in, but if you are learning/teaching yourself as
you go, don't get to frustrated if things are a little confusing.
Using an advanced theme for your first go around, is kind of like
trying to fly a jet fighter for your test flight to get your pilots
license.

ok, that's probably an exaggeration. :) But you will probably get
stuck a few times, so make sure you have someone you can turn to for
questions or help. :)

Chris

Dec 17, 2009, 8:25:37 AM12/17/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Chris

Dec 17, 2009, 7:20:32 PM12/17/09
to Hippo Internet Marketing Discussion
Brett,

Is there a theme that will allow me to do some of the things that you
mentioned in the 1st paragraph of your reply without alot of advanced
coding, etc involved? I don't mind paying for a premium theme. And I
don't mind learning as long as its not way too advanced. I've heard
the Thesis theme has alot of customization options. Any suggestions
by yourself or anyone else would be welcomed.