Re: Saudi gazette on Modi

Manoj Padhi

Feb 28, 2014, 12:40:17 PM2/28/14
to Najid Hussain, Mike Ghouse, OTN, bihartoday, hindtoday, tamilnadutoday, ipta
While I respect the emotional outburst of the victim's family members, the evidences of mr. Modi's alleged involvement have been analyzed and argued before Supreme Court .
Just like Batla house encounter was not fake but many believes that was fake. Democracy and criminal justice system functions based on evidence not on beliefs.

On Friday, February 28, 2014, Najid Hussain <najidh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am glad to see your somewhat more courageous stand than that you previously showed, Mike. Here is my own letter to President Obama. You may put it on your site, if you feel appropriate. We will not leave any stone unturned to bring Mr. Modi to justice.

And thanks for your statements.

Najid
---------------
Dear Mr. President:

We are the family members of Ahsan Jafri, the former Member of Indian Parliament, who was killed and burnt in his own house during the Gujarat Massacre of 2002. That day, more than 2000 innocent people, mostly Muslims, were killed around Gujarat, and hundreds of thousand made homeless.

Nishrin is the daughter of Ahsan Jafri and I am his son-in-law. We are American.

We are fighting for justice in India. But justice has eluded us for over ten years, because the mastermind and the architect of that massacre, what has also been called Gujarat genocide - Chief Minister Narendra Modi – not only did not leave office, but has used the power of that office to ensure justice is denied to the victims.

Mr. President, you already know what role Mr. Modi played in that massacre, what he did to spread hate against the minorities of Gujarat, or how and why the process of Indian justice system has been subverted in saving him. American President is the most powerful person in the world with virtually thousands of eyes and ears that see everything, hear everything, know everything. Truth does not escape his reach.

Owing to Chief Minister Modi’s role in the massacre and serious curtailment of religious freedom in Gujarat under him, in 2005 US revoked his visa. That high moral stand of US brought my family some solace that regardless of what happens to our fight for justice against Mr. Modi in India, our adopted country, and the country of birth of our children, has taken steps to do justice to our feelings. The monster of our nightmares will at least not be allowed to set foot on this land – our land.

But yesterday, when our Ambassador to India, Ms. Nancy Powell, went to meet Mr. Modi, our hope of justice seems slipping away here too. We are concerned. Will Mr. Modi be allowed to come to the US? Will we use Indian court’s “clean chit” to Mr. Modi as a pretext to close our eyes to his crimes that we know, and welcome him here?

Following our lead of 2005, many European countries also had shown their courage in standing firm against Mr. Modi. But now, balking under his increasing popularity in India, with a possibility of him becoming the Prime Minister, many of them are already climbing down from that high moral stand in embracing Mr. Modi and welcoming him to their lands.

In the larger interest of American business, or the weight of local pro-Modi lobby, will US also follow European lead and turn its back on the continued sufferings of hundreds of thousands of innocent people victimized by Mr. Modi?

Or, will the pain of the innocents, including one American family, which is also the victim of Mr. Modi’s genocide, matter to the US government in general, and you – Mr. President - in particular?

We sincerely hope that our pain matters to you, Mr. President. More so to Mrs. Obama, whose cordiality, compassion, and conviction on individual rights, human dignity, and justice are the shining virtues we try to emulate in our own lives. We also believe that as long as you are the president, you will never allow Mr. Modi to set foot on the US soil, regardless of whether he remains Chief Minister of Gujarat, or becomes the Prime Minister of India.

Lifting the US visa ban on Mr. Modi will accelerate his ascent to power and dampen further the chances of justice for the victims of the Gujarat genocide. We hope you will not let that happen.

Sacrificing American values for political expediency, whenever happened in the past, neither brought us the happiness, nor prosperity. In fact, it did exactly opposite. We appeal to you, Mr. President, not to allow Mr. Modi enter United States until the Gujarat victims have received justice and the rights of the minorities in the state of Gujarat are restored.

With best wishes and kind regards,

Sincerely,

Nishrin and Najid Hussain
(Daughter and son-in-law of Ahsan Jafri)

Najid Hussain
(302) 834-5426

On Friday, February 28, 2014 9:22 AM, Manoj Padhi <manoj...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mike,
Your beliefs need to sync with latest polls and mood of the nation.
Modi is unstoppable
I understand that you are still mad because Godhra 2002 - but you seems  believe in conspiracy theory even after clean chit by highest court.
You will be disappointed after the poll result.
If    PM  Modi decides to award defence contracts to Russia or Europe by reciprocating US snub, US too will be disappointed.
On Feb 28, 2014 6:42 PM, "Mike Ghouse" <mikeg...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Feb 27, 2014, at 8:49 PM, "Mohammed Rafiq Lodhia" <ra...@thelodhiacenter.org> wrote:

<image004.jpg>

Poll Suggests Crushing Loss Awaits India’s Governing Party

By Gardiner HarrisFebruary 26, 2014

NEW DELHI — Two months before Indians vote in national elections, a new poll
suggests that India’s dominant political party and family may suffer one of their
worst defeats in the country’s 67-year history.

Seventy percent of Indians say they are dissatisfied with the way things are going
in India today, according to a new Pew Research Center survey. And 63 percent of
those polled said they would prefer that the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party lead
the next government, compared with just 19 percent who picked the governing
Indian National Congress party, which is led by Sonia Gandhi and her son, Rahul
Gandhi.

“This poll affirms what most of us suspected,” said Shekhar Gupta, editor in chief
of The Indian Express, a daily newspaper published in Mumbai. “But what it doesn’t
tell us is who will lead the next government.”

The pollsters interviewed 2,464 randomly selected adults between Dec. 7 and Jan. 12

--

Manoj Padhi