Re: My tweets on Times of India's take on AMU library affair: Ghulam Muhammed

1 view

Manoj Padhi

Nov 18, 2014, 11:33:46 AM11/18/14
to Ghulam Muhammed, Mike Ghouse, Amaresh Misra, bihartoday, OTN, hindtoday
The bigger question is  - are Muslims ready to face the challenge of 21st century - the liberation of women ?

No

You just can't have status quo of burqa and male dominance using shariah law. Some basic rights need to be given. No one wants to go to Goa beach with Bikinis. All they wanted as library access. What is the problem with that ?

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014, Ghulam Muhammed <ghulamm...@gmail.com> wrote:
My tweets on Times of India's take on AMU library affair:

Times of India must account for publishing biased reports. Freedom of speech cannot be unbridled.TOI may face All INDIA BOYCOTT over AMU.

-----

Times of India is muzzling the voice of the people who are against its mischief-mongering and distortion of the issues by demonizing Muslims

-----

Like West's propaganda using Malala to demonize Muslims who cherish their own culture while educating girls, TOI is following the devil.

-----

Javed Akhtar rightly said those who opposed AMU's very creation r hijacking it. Javed Miyan that's what democracy is!

-----

--

Manoj Padhi

Manoj Padhi

Nov 18, 2014, 4:19:44 PM11/18/14
to OTN, Ghulam Muhammed, Mike Ghouse, Amaresh Misra, bihartoday, hindtoday
In non-Islamic religion - husbands have been allowing their spouses to dress well and look well using make ups. The slavery or perceived slavery if any is now a days found in traditional families where women need to endure some dominance of in-laws. Some call that 'Sanskaar' and  some say that is - Slavery. Uneducated Husbands often treat their wives badly. There is no denial of that but good thing is that modern Patni's are not treating their Pati as Parameswar.

The NDA government has almost finalized law against 'honor killing' - I know Hindus (traditional Jats and others ) will eventually  fall in line if a few get convicted and punished.

This is a perfect time to revisit the following case that eventually became cause of Babri Masjid Destruction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohd._Ahmed_Khan_v._Shah_Bano_Begum

I get terribly upset when I read this case and how then PM worked against Women's right to appease Muslim leaders.

Mr. Ghulam Muhammed  aka (translated - no offense meant)  'slave of prophet Muhammad' - but he is shooting the messenger. I would request him , Mr. Amaresh Misra and Mike Ghouse  to read Shah Bano case and comment in modern context. They must have been 21 years age then; What did they do ? Did they support Ahmed Khan or Shah Bano ?

There is a serious problem with Muslim reform - there is no chance to happen that with in society and they don't like interference of courts in their Personal law that favors men.

Shariah law is a spectrum and varies with country. A rape victim need to produce 4 male witness to get a FIR registered in many Muslim countries. A female can't go out to market without accompanying a blood relative. Indian Shariah is much better than other countries - but when a Vice-Chancellor is sitting with 600 AD mindset - why point and blame Haryana or Rajasthan jats  who are not educated at all and doing similar discrimination ?

So, there is a huge gap between Shariah and non-Shariah society.

So, how things can improve. When Muslim women will get equal opportunity to beautify and move around without Burquas ? Only when their husband would permit ? Will they ? Should they ?

-Manoj Padhi

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Arjun <apuroh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for the outrage against mindless discrimination against women. This is to be condemned in no uncertain terms, and religion should not be allowed as cover. At the same time India's record in human rights is very poor, and this is across all religions, and all sectors. Just look at the report from Walk Free Foundation:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/17/modern-slavery-35-million-people-walk-free-foundation-report
India must grow up to face such horrendous problems, and must take active measures to rise up to the elementary index of civics. All religions, including Islam, must do their part to eliminate these social evils. Though non-Muslims must not shirk from criticism of such Muslim practices, they too must not feel superior until they clean up their own mess.

Arjun Purohit
Sent from my iPad
Members:
OTN is going to bring every person/business to Web/our network
Please visit www.orissatoday.net for more details
View/Post profile at http://hindtoday.com/orissa/HTMemberList.aspx

Members:
OTN is going to bring every person/business to Web/our network
Please visit www.orissatoday.net for more details
View/Post profile at http://hindtoday.com/orissa/HTMemberList.aspx

Manoj Padhi

Manoj Padhi

Nov 20, 2014, 8:06:43 AM11/20/14
to oriss...@googlegroups.com, Mike Ghouse, Ghulam Muhammed, Amaresh Misra, bihartoday, hindtoday
Mike,
Thanks for the predictable response.

Here is what happening in Europe. I will wait - how long you can remain in denial mode and hold on to your belief. I will be glad if you win.
But watch  this ..

Too much advocacy of Hamas labeled Civil right organization as terrorist organization.

Manoj Padhi

On Tuesday, November 18, 2014, Arjun <apuroh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Mike
Arjun Purohit

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 18, 2014, at 5:03 PM, Mike Ghouse <mikeg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Arjun,

It is so refreshing to hear a focused comment.
thank you for your comment.

Indeed we should not let criminals use a religious cover for their crimes,
and we should not be dumb either to believe that it is religion.
Let's not bark at religion for the acts of the bad guys.

I am honing the same point for years.
Here is the intro to poem and the poem.

Title of my poem: A Mera Dharam Kahan tha

Dosto, es kavita may aap ek pursh ke anek paap ke roop dekheingey, parantu, kuch log, blame us ke dharm pay lagate hain. Her ek ka dharam us ke maa ke samaan hota hai. Paap Manush karta hai, dharm kabhi bhi a shikhsha nahin deta.

Dharam koi cheez nahin hai jis ko goli maar di jaye, pitayee ki jaye, a phansi ke phande pay lagaye jaye. Ilzaam usi pay lagao jis nay Jurm kiya hai, es say samaj may wapas shanti aajati hai…

Misaal ke tor pay,agar koi rapist aap ke mohallay may ghus aaya to sub ke sab parehshan hotay hain, jab tak us ko pakda na jaye, ashanti barkarar rahegi, agar hum kutton ki tarah us ke Parivar, dharam ya jati ki taraf bhokein gay, kuch honay wala nahin hai. Isi tarah, aatank wadi ko pakdo, salay ki pitayee karo, ya dafa 420 ki tehet us ko saza do to baat banti hai.

My nay chori ki wave-haar may
Dhoka diya doston ko;
A mera apna charitar tha,
a mera dharam kahan tha?

My nay patni say bewafayee ki
aur girl friends say bhi;
A mera apna hi paap tha,
a mera dharam kahan tha?

Ganga jal say paap dhoye,
Hajj say Gunah bhi saaf kiye;
Ji, my waisay ka waisa hi raha
a mera dharam kahan tha?

My aatank wadi bhi bana,
Allahu Akbar bhi kaha
A mazhab nay kab sikhaya tha,
a mera dharam kahan tha?

My nay babri masjid ko toda
Raam ka naam bhi liya;
A kisi ka dharam kahan tha,
a mera dharam kahan tha?

My nay shiaoon ko, Hinduoon ko/ Ahmadiyon ko,
aur Maseehhon ko takleefien di;
Mardood my, kalank Sunni pay tha,
a mera dharam kahan tha?

Gar ilzaam lagana to lagao mujh per
saza do mujh ko,
a ayeb mera zaati tha,
a mera dharam kahan tha?

Samaj my nyaye ho
to Shanti bhi, pragati bhi;
Chora Chor ko, budnaam dharam ko kiya tha
a mera dharam kahan tha?

Thakna mere kaam nahin hai
My unhee samjhata his rahoonga sahir
My nay jo bhi kiya, o mera kiya tha
a mera dharam kahan tha?

Dhanyawaad

Mike Ghouse Sahir
www.MikeGhouse.net

On Nov 18, 2014, at 11:33 AM, Manoj Padhi <manoj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Members:
OTN is going to bring every person/business to Web/our network
Please visit www.orissatoday.net for more details
View/Post profile at http://hindtoday.com/orissa/HTMemberList.aspx

Thank you

mike

Mike Ghouse
(214) 325-1916 text/talk
Mike Ghouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism
, politics, peace, Islam, Israel, India, interfaith, cohesive work place. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. Mike believes in Standing up for others and a book with the same title is coming up, and the process of making the film "Flames of Passion" has begun. Mike has a strong presence on national and local TV, Radio and Print Media. He is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News; fortnightly at Huffington post; regularly at Oped News and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes all his work through many links.

Members:
OTN is going to bring every person/business to Web/our network
Please visit www.orissatoday.net for more details
View/Post profile at http://hindtoday.com/orissa/HTMemberList.aspx

Manoj Padhi

Manoj Padhi

Nov 20, 2014, 9:52:05 AM11/20/14
to Ghulam Muhammed, oriss...@googlegroups.com, Mike Ghouse, Amaresh Misra, bihartoday, hindtoday
Thank you for sharing.

On Thursday, November 20, 2014, Ghulam Muhammed <ghulamm...@gmail.com> wrote:
My comments posted on TOI India's AFP report on Apostate:

Share on Facebook
Sort By:
Ghulam Muhammed Mumbai 3 mins ago

This AFP report is typical West's Media tactics to plant unsubstantiated propaganda to assuage the aroused mass worries of their public, subjected to daily scare-mongering news about Muslim taking over Europe and making it EUROBIA. Apostates are certainly there due to libertarian lifestyle charm of western society. However, Muslims are least bothered with that. 'To them their religion and to me mine' is Quranic advice to the Prophet (Peace be upon him). Then there are western intelligence implants who revert to Islam, with the sole aim of later renouncing the faith and make hay with concocted stories disgorging to commercial media. At another level, the upsurge in conversion to Islam is due to an abject loss of peace of mind in the liberal and permissive western societies that are always ready to experiment with anything new. To some conversion suits, to others it may not. So it is too early to project trending one way or another. Since 9/11, it is merely a decade. Religions have much wider sweep in terms of time than the politics of the day.

--

Manoj Padhi

Manoj Padhi

Nov 20, 2014, 10:20:32 AM11/20/14
to Mike, Ghulam Muhammed, oriss...@googlegroups.com, Amaresh Misra, bihartoday, hindtoday
Mike,

Thanks for speaking up.

To me it appears that - you are towards left and Mr. GM is towards right.

Those who are right of this spectrum never like Israel - that includes some of my Muslim colleagues. They never see any problem with Hamas , who triggers a conflict but when Israel retaliates they designate - baby killers.

To your "ass" comparison - other asses are not omnipresent killers. They bite only after bitten.

On Thursday, November 20, 2014, Mike <mikeg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ghulam,

What's wrong with the report in the given TOI link below? I think it's pretty accurate and responsible writing.

Those statements by Ahmed and others resonate with me, its really not Islam it's our cultures that demands Conformity. US is no exception either, similar attitudes existed towards GLBT and are fading. Both faced harassment.

Becoming atheist, smoking cigarettes, consuming alcohol are all expressions of rebellion.

I abandoned Islam when I was a teen and stayed out for the next 30 years. In India we do not have that problem, most teens of all religions defy religion.

It was  Bhagvad Gita in 1996 that led me to search for the truth- I.e remove the falsities ascribed to Islam and Quran and the prophet,  and chose to be a muslim again in the late 90's and I'm a muslim by choice, I did not have to be a muslim. It's all written up and videod up. I relate with those words, it's déjà vue to me while reading it.

I was a big follower of dr. Abraham kovoor father of the modern atheist movement from Sri Lanka in late 60's. Fortunately no one bothered or frightened me.

The problems happen in exclusive societies regardless of the religion.

My application for job in 1973 at Food craft Institute in Bangalore stated, I was an atheist. My application for membership at thanksgiving square in Dallas in 1994 was rejected, they wanted me to be in one of the pigeon holes.. That's when the foundation for pluralism was born to be inclusive of all.

Check out my piece from yesterday in huffington post called "Quran not for Muslims."

Just remember for every Muslim ass, there is a Hindu, Christian, Jewsih and Buddhist ass. The problem is not religion it's the individuals.

Thank you,

Mike Ghouse
(214) 325-1916
Author | Speaker | Pluralist