Quick / small Help Yourself Donations sought ASAP!

Help Yourself!

Mar 25, 2016, 12:15:07 AM3/25/16
to helpyour...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks! Happy spring!

Felix here from Help Yourself. Before we get rocking this spring, we're looking to crowdsource a small pile of funds (distributed human energy) to get some dollar-associated winter loose ends out of the way. These time sensitive and modest items are:

400$ * Fee for IRS 501(c)(3) tax exemption application, allowing us to apply for larger grants and divert funds back to trees that would be spent on taxes.
250$ * Purchase of 100 Apple / Asian pear rootstocks to allow us to cheaply propagate 100 fruit trees @ 10% Nursery cost, as well as create our own rootstock into the future!
~1200$ * Let's shoot for the moon! Cost to move a HUGE 10yo, productive Mulberry from former NorthStar site on Rt9/47, Hadley to Chinese Public Charter School / Hamp. Mall Parking Lot. Rt 9 is being expanded to 4 lanes and the NorthStar forest garden will be paved. Help us save this long lived, fruiting being, a source of valuable scion wood, leaves for silk worm growing at the school, and fruit for all!

We're excited to hit the ground running with a good, full schedule of planting and volunteer days this season. Please help chip in if you can to help us get there!

If everyone reading this took 2 minutes to set up an ongoing 1-5$ monthly donation, we'd be SET, not just for these items, but would VASTLY be able to expand our impact and capacity in an ongoing way, to increase the resilience and diversity of our shared urban food systems, increasing excitement for permaculture and belonging to the land as we go.

If you'd like to bear the honor of being one of our many "sugar maples", consider signing up for a recurring donation via paypal that won't break your bank but will ensure the continuation and growth of public edible plantings.

Check: Help Yourself, Inc, 19 Maple Ave, Northampton MA 01060

Lastly, please consider contributing some perennials you may have in your home gardens to the project! We'll take pretty much anything, but are looking specifically for med/culinary herbs, wildflowers, daylillies, iris, hostas, cane fruit and ribes divisions. Thanks! EZ Drop off sites in many towns, we may be able to dig for you!

Mulberry fruit - Oh July!

Sincere blessings and thanks,

Felix Lufkin

Help Yourself!, Inc.