Three Regional Permaculture Events

Jessica Tanner

Jul 10, 2015, 8:43:52 AM7/10/15
to Help Yourself
Hello Friend, would you mind forwarding this to your groups? I and Turning Point would greatly appreciate it!

3 special events happening over the next month about public spaces, edible landscapes and stormwater management. I hope you'll join us for one or all 3!

Saturday, July 11, 2015 - Ecological Products Day in Walpole NH: We'll visit the home of Sawyer's Artisanal Cheese, Black Locust Farm 632 River Road in Walpole. Come learn about their mushroom forest, high tunnel produce, fermenting, orchards and see their chicken tractor. Flier attached

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 - Stormwater Analysis of Crowell Lot on Western Avenue at Union Street: Free and Open to the public. We'll walk the park, analyze the relationship between the earth and water flow, including how the site is affected by and affects neighboring properties and Western Avenue. How much of the water running through or landing on the property is ending up in the Whetstone, causing flooding during storm events? Postcard attached.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - Slow, Spread, Sink: Managing Stormwater Runoff to the Whetstone Through Permaculture Stormwater runoff from Hurricane Irene started at the higher elevations in the Whetstone watershed and ran down hill, culminating in more than two feet of water flooding Elm, Flat and Frost Streets. This session will discuss how to slow, spread and sink water on your property where it won't do any harm to existing infrastructure, and might save you money by providing a water source for Summer irrigation.

Thanks very much for your support.

All my best,
Cimbria

Join us July 21st 7:30 pm at Brooks Memorial Library

Slow, Spread, Sink: Managing Stormwater Runoff to the Whetstone Through Permaculture

TPGPPCrowellLottiny.jpg
EcologicalProducts.jpg