food choices

annie gunn

Apr 21, 2006, 12:59:06 PM4/21/06
to Health and Nutrition News
Hey, I'm new to this group and I have a question that's driving me
nuts. "Is it better to pass up "good" food that's prepared badly or eat
those choices because of the nutrition value?" For example, is it
better to pass up black-eyed peas cooked with bacon or and eat because
of the nutrition of the peas?
I am faced with choices like this every day. I work at a facility that
gives me a free cafeterial lunch. I know to avoid the fried chicken,
etc., but daily I'm given an options like green beans cooked with bacon
or baked red potatoes swimming in grease. What to do??
Thanks for your opinions and knowledge.

--Annie Gunn