Re: NTFS mounting issue

Peter

Apr 7, 2008, 10:58:54 AM4/7/08
to HeX-l...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
I loaded the HEX-LiveCd and love what I'm seeing.  My only issue is that I am having issue mounting an external USB drive with NTFS partition for writing (was hoping to use this for in the field packet capture dump).  It works great with FAT32 file system but the fuse driver option with ntfs-3g won't allow mounting the NTFS drive properly - the system crashes and reboots.  I can mount ntfs fine but that's read-only option.  Is this an issue with the fuse driver?
Thank you,

geek00L

Apr 7, 2008, 10:15:14 PM4/7/08
to HeX liveCD
Hi peter,

May I know which version of HeX are you using? And have you done the
following -

To mount ntfs with fuse

shell>sudo kldload /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko

shell>sudo ntfs-3g /dev/da0s1 /mnt

Just to confirm, thanks!

Texaspete

Apr 8, 2008, 1:32:06 PM4/8/08
to HeX liveCD
I'm using the 1.0.3 latest CD iso version
Yes, I attempted to mount the NTFS partition with fuse using the same
exact below instruction. The last command cause the system to freeze
for 5 seconds and then reboots. This is from a Compaq nc6220
laptop.

Lee Hinman

Apr 8, 2008, 1:48:43 PM4/8/08
to HeX-l...@googlegroups.com
Are you doing this from a liveCD, or after doing an install? If it's
an install, are there any pertinent log entries after the reboot?

- Lee