openshift

ianxm

Jan 26, 2013, 2:31:36 PM1/26/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
has anyone tried using openshift for third party hosting of neko sites?  it looks like they support user supplied binaries and have a free service tier.

-Ian

ianxm

Jan 28, 2013, 12:05:30 AM1/28/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
fyi, I got a site to run on openshift.  I'm using lighttpd/fcgi/neko with a redis backend.

Axel Huizinga

Jan 28, 2013, 12:32:24 AM1/28/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Am 28.01.2013 06:05, schrieb ianxm:
fyi, I got a site to run on openshift.  I'm using lighttpd/fcgi/neko with a redis backend.
can you tell more about the steps - would be interesting to try and compare some heavy db tests with the traditional php / mysql based setup

cordially,
axel

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:31:36 PM UTC-5, ianxm wrote:
has anyone tried using openshift for third party hosting of neko sites?  it looks like they support user supplied binaries and have a free service tier.

-Ian

E-Mail ist virenfrei.
Von AVG überprüft - www.avg.de
Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virendatenbank: 2638/6026 - Ausgabedatum: 11.01.2013
Die Virendatenbank sind veraltet.

ianxm

Jan 28, 2013, 10:42:02 AM1/28/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
sure. it would be interesting to see the results of your tests, but keep in mind that redis is not equivalent to mysql (redis is not an rdbms).

1. install/configure redis

2. "haxelib install hxneko-redis"

hxneko-redis isn't really documented.  the code is straightforward and there is an example in the repo.  maybe I'll write a proper doc for it.

there are also redis externs for node.js here.

for lighttpd and fcgi I followed this.