DCI library for Haxe

Andreas Söderlund

Jun 15, 2013, 6:28:28 AM6/15/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Posted this on Google+ yesterday, but reposting here in case someone want a longer discussion.

I'm happy to announce the release of a DCI library for Haxe!

If you haven't heard about it before, DCI is an architectural design pattern and stands for Data, Context, Interaction. One of the key aspects of DCI is to separate what a system is (form, class properties) from what it does (function, methods). Form and function has very different rates of change so they should be separated, not as it currently is, put in classes together. Another thing it does is modelling the end users mental model in code, not a collection of design patterns which makes a programmer proud, but hides the important details about the needs and wants of the end user. An analogy to housebuilding is that today system architecture is more focused on scaffolds, instead of a beautiful architecture with form and function.

DCI is designed by the author of MVC, Trygve Reenskaug, and is the perfect compliment, replacing and extending the "M" in MVC.

The README in the repository has much more information, and the library is available on haxelib (haxedci). Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions!

/Andreas

Raoul Duke

Jun 15, 2013, 3:25:45 PM6/15/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
> I'm happy to announce the release of a DCI library for Haxe!

of course you have to be careful about claiming anything is dci as
they are pretty picky about what actually passes muster :-)

Andreas

Jun 15, 2013, 4:58:15 PM6/15/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Of course I'm careful, but please scrutinize. :)