playing videos on mobile and desktop

Pier Bover

Mar 28, 2014, 7:58:09 AM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible?

Cristian Baluta

Mar 28, 2014, 8:47:46 AM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
h.264 is pretty universal. firefox or another browser needs webm format if you want to use a html5 player.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Pier Bover <pierb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it possible?

clemos

Mar 28, 2014, 9:11:20 AM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
As Critian said, web video is fairly easy once you have videos at the right format (mp4/h264)
As for native apps, NME has recently added video support for iOS and Android (use StageVideo).
They both rely on "standard" native video components, so supported formats depend on the platform:
for example .m3u8 works perfectly on iOS, pretty randomly on Android.
AFAIK mp4/h264 is also the most widely and consistently supported format when it comes to native.
I don't know if video support is available on NME / native destkop platforms.

Best,
Clément

Pier Bover

Mar 28, 2014, 9:21:37 AM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
When you say NME do you mean OpenFL?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Haxe" group.

Pier Bover
y...@pierbover.com

clemos

Mar 28, 2014, 9:39:19 AM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
No, I do mean NME ;)
I think porting recent NME features to OpenFL is currently discussed by Hugh, Joshua, Nicolas...
But for now, I believe it's NME 5 only.

Best,
Clément

Pier Bover

Mar 28, 2014, 2:35:55 PM3/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'm confused... isn't OpenFL the latest version of NME? Did those 2 become separated projects?

Hugh

Mar 30, 2014, 4:02:32 AM3/30/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, y...@pierbover.com

Hi,

This was the state of affairs a few weeks ago:

http://gamehaxe.com/2014/03/06/nme-5-0-rereleased/

We are working quickly towards maximum sharing between nme/openfl/lime, so you should see features available on all projects soon, where their APIs and templates permit.

Hugh