Handling horizontal scroll events

Francois Malherbe

May 12, 2015, 5:44:25 AM5/12/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Haxe community.

I recently started using Haxe, so pardon me if my question has an obvious answer or if my description of the problem is a little sloppy, but I'm going to try my best to explain it.

I'm working on a laptop that has a multitouch-supported track pad, and a normal optical mouse with only a vertical scroll wheel (no horizontal clicking available on there). I'm looking for a way to handle horizontal scroll input / events. OpenFL's mouse events support vertical scrolling well enough. Both the mouse scrolling and the two-finger track pad scrolling work fine for the vertical axis. It looks like the same event is generated when either of those input methods are used, which is understandable. But I can't seem to find an event that would be generated when a horizontal scroll is performed. The track pad allows for horizontal scrolling, since web browsers respond to the command, but I can't find any way to make my program respond to this input. Lime's "onMouseWheel" function doesn't respond to the input either. Do you guys have any suggestions for capturing this kind of input for an app targeted for Windows?

Thanks in advance

Jeff Ward

May 16, 2015, 10:03:22 AM5/16/15
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I had the same thought for my OpenFL app, HxScout. It seems like I saw some code in either SDL or Lime or OpenFL for horizontal scroll wheel events, but maybe it's not propagated all the way through.

But I agree, I want that, too. Maybe we should ask over at: http://community.openfl.org/

Best,
Jeff