Job, Haxe PHP ecommerce plugin development ( woo-commerce, bigcommerce, magento )

jo...@ocminternational.com

Jul 9, 2014, 12:59:01 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

OCM is developing clientside product customizer applications in Haxe and is looking for freelance developers with experience in PHP to help with integration into existing ecommerce platforms.

 Initially we're looking at a proof of concept integration with woo-commerce, to be followed by development of a distributable plugin.

 Ideally we're looking for developers with experience working with the woo-commerce API's and extending the core functionality.

 Please contact us at jobs
@ocminternational.com for more information.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Jul 9, 2014, 2:03:53 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Are you looking for a haxePHP developer, or someone who does both. Sadly I feel I'm the only one doing PHP in haxe these days :(

Actually, is there anyone else out there even using the PHP target? (PS: Thanks Franco!)

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

phone: +1 650 842 0920

Developer at Fanplayr Inc. (Palo Alto)
Original at Touch My Pixel (touchmypixel.com)

jo...@ocminternational.com

Jul 9, 2014, 2:20:35 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com, tar...@touchmypixel.com

Ideally a haxePHP developer.

There's a some utility classes we've developed for the clientside app that could be useful in the plugin development along with the other benefits of a common codebase.

I'm assuming the haxePHP target is in in good order even if it's not too widely used anymore, however would be interested to hear feedback on this.

Marc Weber

Jul 9, 2014, 5:23:32 AM7/9/14
to haxelang
Make some benchmarks to find out whether haxe-> PHP is fast enough for
you, first.

Marc Weber

Juraj Kirchheim

Jul 9, 2014, 6:36:57 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 8:03 AM, Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
<tar...@touchmypixel.com> wrote:
> Are you looking for a haxePHP developer, or someone who does both. Sadly I
> feel I'm the only one doing PHP in haxe these days :(
>
> Actually, is there anyone else out there even using the PHP target? (PS:
> Thanks Franco!)

I do, although quite honestly I try to avoid it as best I can ;)

Marc Weber

Jul 9, 2014, 7:06:26 AM7/9/14
to haxelang
Just let me tell that the tora/fastcgi solution works perfectly well:

https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/tora.git
neko tora -fcgi

and such fastcgi configuration

location /${url_prefix} {
root ${root};
rewrite ^/${url_prefix}/(.*)$ /$1 break;
fastcgi_pass localhost:6666;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root/index.n;
fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT $document_root;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING q=$uri&$query_string;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR $remote_addr;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_PORT $remote_port;
fastcgi_param SERVER_ADDR $server_addr;
fastcgi_param SERVER_PORT $server_port;
fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $server_name;
}

works perfectly well and can replace PHP easily IMHO.

I tried using PHP backend once, but in the end syncing all the files and
the slow processing time only satisfied me for testing purposes.

Marc Weber

Eric Priou

Jul 9, 2014, 7:10:24 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yep, but there shouldn't be any neko wordpress port IMHO ;)

---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila

tom rhodes

Jul 9, 2014, 7:20:20 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I use the PHP target from time to time, wordpress externs would be awesome! ;)

clemos

Jul 9, 2014, 7:22:08 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It seems they make plugins for Magento, Wordpress,
so I guess PHP is mandatory.

Eric Priou

Jul 9, 2014, 7:34:18 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I use the PHP target from time to time, wordpress externs would be awesome! ;)
So do I. PHP target is good when you use it "low level".
The Dispatcher + SPOD combo is pretty nice.

It seems to me that the more you stay close to the target, the best use you'll get from haxe.
Each target is a niche in its own niche.
Who can to start a new niche in those ? Not me.

my 2 cents and sorry for the slight OT.
Good luck for the recruitment.

Andreas Mokros

Jul 9, 2014, 7:40:56 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2014 12:36:53 +0200
Juraj Kirchheim <back...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Actually, is there anyone else out there even using the PHP target?
> > (PS: Thanks Franco!)
>
> I do, although quite honestly I try to avoid it as best I can ;)

I have two larger projects running on Haxe-PHP for a couple of years
now and it's not that bad IMHO. Not as hip as node-js of course, but if
you're forced to PHP it's really quite useful.
Sadly there's no active development ATM, as one can see in the
issue-list...

--
Mockey

Axel Huizinga

Jul 9, 2014, 9:15:19 AM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Am 09.07.2014 13:34, schrieb Eric Priou:

I use the PHP target from time to time, wordpress externs would be awesome! ;)
+1  and speed is mostly of not much concern at all if you use wordpress
So do I. PHP target is good when you use it "low level".
The Dispatcher + SPOD combo is pretty nice.

It seems to me that the more you stay close to the target, the best use you'll get from haxe.
Each target is a niche in its own niche.
Who can to start a new niche in those ? Not me.

my 2 cents and sorry for the slight OT.
Good luck for the recruitment.
---
Eric Priou aka erixtekila

Confidant

Jul 9, 2014, 11:36:47 PM7/9/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I'd sure be interested to see someone attempt Joomla externs. :)

jo...@ocminternational.com

Jul 10, 2014, 4:11:40 AM7/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Yes our dependency on PHP is purely for deeply integrating with existing PHP ecommerce platforms.

We're currently using Node.js for our backend which the PHP plugins will need to forward the completed transactions to.

At this stage performance is not a priority ( or concern ) for the plugins.

Jesus Boadas

Jul 10, 2014, 11:56:43 AM7/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Actually I'm using the PHP target in production with mysql, providing authenticated web services using Haxe remoting for all my webs applications a mixed of Flex, AngularJS and Haxe, and currently slowly migrating all the front end to Haxe as well. The back end was Rails 2 but the hosting services in my country use PHP as a standard so Haxe-PHP come handy to my needs.

And it is doing well so far.

Marcelo Serpa

Jul 10, 2014, 12:48:52 PM7/10/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

@Jesus, pretty nice! Could you share your experience with using Haxe for web development (back/frontend) in a blogpost somewhere, someday? I’m craving for more real world data from people using Haxe. Right now my web stack if either Ruby+js or pure js.

--
Marcelo

Michel Romecki

Jul 11, 2014, 3:25:07 AM7/11/14
to Haxe ML
Hi guys,
I don't know, maybe I'm out of topic, but what about sharing haxe for web development I used haxe/php haxe/neko + tora, and have written some posts about it if it can help.
You'll find it on my blog http://mromecki.fr/blog
especially : http://mromecki.fr/blog/post/haxite-writing-entire-website-using-haxe and http://mromecki.fr/blog/post/neko-cache-module-tora-share
--
Michal Romecki

Jesus Boadas

Jul 11, 2014, 7:49:54 AM7/11/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
>>> @Jesus, pretty nice! Could you share your experience with using Haxe for web development (back/frontend) in a blogpost somewhere, someday? I’m craving >>> for more real world data from people using Haxe. Right now my web stack if either Ruby+js or pure js.

sure, maybe is time to create a blog on my Haxe quest.