compiled mod_tora2 doesn't work on Apache 2.4

Raivo Fish

Nov 3, 2013, 7:02:55 PM11/3/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I used automatic Linux installer which is available through haxe.org Downloads section.
On my local machine I have Linux with Apache 2.2 and module works fine,
but on production server there is Apache 2.4 and when I start apache, it throws error: can't load mod_tora2: undefined symbol ap_log_error().

As I understand, mod_tora2 should be compiled using Apache 2.4 library.
Is this information still actual and would it work for Apache 2.4? http://haxe.org/doc/build/neko_linux
Because some time ago I followed those instructions and was not able to get compiled binary.

Alexander Kuzmenko

Nov 4, 2013, 2:36:06 AM11/4/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
There was similar a message recently in this group. That guy said latest neko from github does support apache 2.4. https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/neko/pull/21

Raivo Fish

Nov 4, 2013, 12:31:12 PM11/4/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
It worked, I used this build guide: http://blog.stablex.ru/2013/10/05/hello-world/
I guess it's written by you.
EXCELLENT!

This should be added to this page: http://haxe.org/doc/build/neko_linux
because information there is out of date.

After I built neko I installed Haxe by using automatic installer, but it failed. I had to:
* remove NEKOPATH env variable
* copy freshly built files from /urs/lib/neko to safe place
* now successfully install haxe
* overwrite /usr/lib/neko with previously copied files

p.s. I could not add comment on that blog post, Disqus is somehow not allowing me to comment, login works but comment form status doesn't change and I can't add comment.

Raivo Fish

Nov 4, 2013, 4:54:19 PM11/4/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I found fastest way to get latest Haxe & Neko with Apache 2.4 support:
(my OS is Ubuntu 13)

* make sure you have installed Apache 2.4
* Install Haxe using automatic installer script from haxe.org (it installs neko with mod_tora for Apache 2.2)
* Install Neko with command: apt-get install neko. This compiles for Apache 2.4

tom rhodes

Nov 5, 2013, 2:39:08 AM11/5/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
really? awesome. I built from sources too and worked for me on ubuntu 13.10 64 bit.

Raivo Fishmeister

Jun 13, 2014, 4:39:05 PM6/13/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
In case someone needs mod_tora2.ndll for Apache 2.4 on Windows, here it is: http://simpletek.raivo.id.lv/mod_tora2-ndll-for-apache-2-4-windows/