Basic GUI Notepad

Anguel Esperanza

Apr 24, 2016, 8:38:54 AM4/24/16
to Haxe
Hello everyone, I'm back again. To introduce another little project that will span into a much larger stablexui tutorial project. I welcome you all to a very simple notepad I've created.

This only has the ability to open and save documents, and can't do anything fancy, but I'm still proud of it. I've learned a lot from this, both about stablexui and haxe and is a step forward into making learning Stablexui less of a challenge. Last time, I was encouraged to make a github for this overall project, and so I have. Feel free to experiment with these files and use them for your own projects or make them even grander!

Thanks for reading this and I hope you all have a good day.

Sincerely,

Anguel Esperanza

Ashiq A.

Apr 24, 2016, 9:57:01 AM4/24/16
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Looks good but has a few problems. Your repository also has a couple of issues (eg. checked-in bin files).

Do you want me to open one or more issues on GitHub to capture this?

Personally, I would consider making the text editor it's own repository, and treat it like it's own project. Maybe it will eventually become something very useful.

Anguel Esperanza

Apr 27, 2016, 6:59:10 PM4/27/16
to Haxe
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the late replay, I've been thinking about what to do next and tinkering around with the stablexui widgets. I'm still new at using GitHub so I don't know how to fix the issues that have arisen. If you know how, would you mind telling me? And if you haven't done so already, it would really be appreciated if you opened an issue on this.

Now that I think about it, having the text editor as it's own repository sounds like a good idea. Thanks! I haven't thought of that.