NME5 - StageVideo support?

PSvils

Aug 7, 2014, 4:08:56 AM8/7/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I need to develop an application with video streaming functionality (this is the main purpose of the app), and I need to support MJPEG (easy using BitmapData's) and HLS h.264 video streams. I assume that on iOS this should be very simple because of native support, but I was wondering what would be my options on Android?

I've kept out of touch with NME developments, but I know that it had StageVideo support, I'm just not clear on how to use it, or which formats I can use with it.

P.

Hugh

Aug 8, 2014, 1:03:07 AM8/8/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

The stagevideo on ios and adroid support codecs supported by the devices, using the devices native video playing control.

H264 in mp4 is really the one format that is supported by everything (even low end android devices)

Being "StageVideo", it sits "under" your apps, which then use a transparent background - this can be a bit slow on older android devices.

Hugh