Haxe and the San Francisco Bay Area

Rezmason

Sep 16, 2014, 11:48:02 PM9/16/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!

A little over a year ago, Justin Donaldson started a Haxe Meetup for the San Francisco Bay Area. Now he's moved to Seattle (maybe to start a new Haxe user group!), and the old Meetup page is shutting down. If none of its members takes it over in the next nine days, it's gone.

Personally, I think we should let the page disappear- it did its job, and the job is done. But I think the community still exists, and it'd be nice if we at least had a way to connect.

If you're a Haxe programmer in the Bay Area, and you like the concept of being in a local community of Haxe devs, please reply! There's no way to even know how many of us there are. For all we know, there's enough of us to meet regularly someplace convenient.

...Also, I remember that at one point, Adobe maintained a database of all its user groups for each of its products. Could the Haxe Foundation do that too? Not the groups themselves, mind you, but at least a registry of where Haxe programmers are and where we congregate. We could call it club.haxe.org. :D

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer

Sep 17, 2014, 12:31:14 AM9/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Yep. I'm here.

We did set up a "haxe map" at some point. But it was crap :P

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM, Rezmason <jeremy...@gmail.com> wrote:
If you're a Haxe programmer in the Bay Area, and you like the concept of being in a local community of Haxe devs, please reply! There's no way to even know how many of us there are. For all we know, there's enough of us to meet regularly someplace convenient.

Tarwin Stroh-Spijer
_______________________

phone: +1 650 842 0920

Developer at Fanplayr Inc. (Palo Alto)
Original at Touch My Pixel (touchmypixel.com)
_______________________

Justin Donaldson

Sep 17, 2014, 1:00:46 AM9/17/14
to Haxe
I'd be happy to renew that for another year, would one of you two like co-ownership of the group?  I'm still down there somewhat regularly.

Rezmason

Sep 17, 2014, 11:46:06 AM9/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
That's nice of you, but it's not fair for you to have to pay the dues. More importantly, the Meetup page might not be worth the money they charge you.

Is there a way we could email the members with a survey?

Valerie Elimak

Sep 17, 2014, 12:22:26 PM9/17/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Why not having a Facebook page for the Haxe SF Bay group? its free and efficient.

Valerie Alloix

@elimak

Rezmason

Sep 18, 2014, 11:52:08 PM9/18/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
That's a good idea! :-) I think it's just the right amount of investment people are willing to make anyhow.