NME: Unicode input in iOS

Rocks Wang

Dec 7, 2012, 1:14:25 AM12/7/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

However this problem still exists in iOS target, when I was trying to input Chinese characters in TextField (normally in Chinese input methods, a serial of ascii keystokes makes one or several Chinese characters) , instead of the expected Chinese characters, the raw keystokes were input into the TextField. I guess this also happens to other unicode languages including Japanese etc.
I am not quite familiar with CPP or objective-c, I just did a little research about this issue, I was looking into <nme>/project/common/TextField.cpp,
in "void TextField::OnKey(Event &inEvent)", I was suspected I can get some clues if I can launch a debugging and set a breakpoint here. However in Xcode project I don't know how to set a breakpoint in NME code, I can see only CPPs generated from my haxe code.
Anyone can help with this problem or give me some guideline about debugging into NME code? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Rocks

Hugh

Dec 10, 2012, 12:54:10 AM12/10/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
HI,
You need to build a debug version on nme on your own machine (from nme/project)
haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml -Diphone -Diphonesim -Ddebug
haxelib run hxcpp Build.xml -Diphone -Diphoneos -Ddebug

Then nme "update" your project and xcode should be able to "see" the cpp code.

Hugh

Joshua Granick

Dec 10, 2012, 10:00:21 AM12/10/12
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can also run the following, "nme rebuild ios"