Enabling WebGL debugging in HTML5 apps with NME/openFL

Rezmason

May 28, 2013, 6:05:13 PM5/28/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to enable Webgl debugging in NME/openFL, a feature that is hinted at in the html5 target's template. It seems to be connected with compiling in debug mode, but when I add <compilerflag name="-debug" /> to my NMML file, only the WebGLDebugUtils code is enabled, not the webgl-debug.js script tag. This leads to a runtime error during the app's initialization. What do I need to do to enable this feature properly?

Here's the link to the condition in NME: https://code.google.com/p/nekonme/source/browse/templates/default/html5/template/index.html#55

And here it is in openFL: https://github.com/openfl/openfl-html5/blob/master/templates/html5/template/index.html#L55

Rezmason

May 29, 2013, 1:03:38 PM5/29/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Well, I quasi-figured it out.

The "DEBUG" property in openFL's html5 template maps to the "-debug" option in the openFL command line tool, which is apparently a completely different thing from <debug /> and <compilerflag name="-debug" /> in NMML files.

So, to work with the WebGL debugger in openFL, you run:

haxelib run openfl build Scourge.xml html5 -debug

Granick, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :-)