Latest Openfl doesn't work on older Android phones

Sergio Veg

Jun 2, 2014, 8:33:35 AM6/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
When I compile my games and test openfl apps like "Pirate Piggies" to Android and install them to older devices like Galaxy Y and Galaxy Pocket edition the applications don't work.  They worked with openfl 1.2.2

The Android version on the phone is 2.3.6 and I've run this application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=demo.opengl.android which I think proves that the phone has OpenGl ES 2.0

Is there anything possible to do to make openfl 1.4.0/2.0.0 applications run on those older phones?

MoldoVanea

Jun 2, 2014, 5:19:15 PM6/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have found a partial solution to this problem.
Samsung Galaxy Y has an armv6 CPU so I added
<architecture name="armv6" if="android" />
to project.xml

Pirate Piggies launches successfully on Galaxy Y but some colors are inverted. All yellow and orange becomes blue and vice-verso green stays green.
If I launch the same .apk on armv7 devices the colors are correct.

There about 200 different mobile devices on armv6 cpus so this is an important issue IMHO

Raoul Duke

Jun 2, 2014, 5:23:06 PM6/2/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
> There about 200 different mobile devices on armv6 cpus so this is an
> important issue IMHO

that's a problem with Android: even 2.3 still exists?!?!?!

https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html?utm_source=ausdroid.net

and it depends on where you are, where you want your app to be sold. i
think some regions are more likely early adopters of 4.x than others
who are still into 2.x legacy.