haxe with external C on iOS?

Chase de Languillette

Jul 18, 2014, 3:27:48 AM7/18/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience using C libraries with haxe on IOS?  Can it be done?  Is there a tutorial out there that I haven't seen yet?

I'm basically looking to do something like this but on iOS - http://old.haxe.org/doc/advanced/haxewithexteralc

i've managed to compile a static C library for iphone architecture and have the necessary header files, but I'm not really sure what to do with them.  Do I link these files in my haxe project.xml ? or do i compile my haxe project to ios, then open up the generated xcode project and link it that way?  If it's either of these approaches, how would I do them, exactly?

Note that I've already gotten external C working with Haxe on the Mac, so I feel like I'm really close to getting this work (assuming it's possible of course). I feel like i just need to figure out a couple of these non-obvious setup steps.

I'll take any help here, even guesses!

Thanks!