Re: [haxe] Install HaXe 3 with NME

Cristian Baluta

Jun 9, 2013, 2:59:57 PM6/9/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to do a 'haxelib run nme' first, but you should switch to OpenFL in any case.

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Henoc Sese (Saiyajin) <heno...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

(Sorry for my english i speak french)
I have a problem for use NME 3.5.6
In website nme.io the current version is 3.5.5 and they propose HaXe 2.10 & Neko 1.8.2
but i want HaXe 3.0.0 and Neko 2.0.0 then i have installed from haxe.org and i download nme on
haxelib.

Normally everything is Ok, except that when i write "nme" in commande line in Windows i have an error :

is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I don't know modify the variable PATH.
What's my error ?

Henoc S.

Băluță Cristian
http://ralcr.com
http://imagin.ro

Norbert Melzer

Jun 9, 2013, 4:10:26 PM6/9/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
When you use the installer it creates a mapping script in /usr/bin/ (for linux) or whoknowswhere in windows, which maps all calls for "nme" to "haxelib run nme", so you have two possibilities:

1.) Use "haxelib run nme" whenever "nme" is in the docs
2.) Create an alias or wrapper by yourself

And also OpenFL will not be that healingpotion it is proposed at. At least for me it errors at another point (every target excepts flash and html5 throws errors and does not compile) and I already filed a bug @ github.

Haxe is on a change and the libs need to be overhauled to catch up.

And another thing for NME: Even installing from github source is not possible, even if it says that it should do with haxe 3! It depends on a lib that is not available on haxelib 3 servers!

TopHattedCoder

Jun 9, 2013, 6:07:20 PM6/9/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
You can always use the
 haxelib dev [project name] [project directory]
and
haxelib git [project name] [project's git repository URL]
commands.
Message has been deleted