Desktop GUI with haxe

Kal

Nov 21, 2014, 12:34:13 AM11/21/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm writing an application for desktop (compiled in cpp) in a first step. I read NME/Waxe was great for building the GUI but I can't find any documentation... Is there any somewhere ?

Otherwise, I thought writing the GUI directly in C++, which would use the haxe model compiled c ++... But is it possible?

Thank you,

Kal

Kal

Nov 27, 2014, 12:29:15 AM11/27/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I guess both answers are "no"...

I'm trying to use waxe. I compiled successfully the "Simple" sample, but an error occured when running the executable :
Error : Could not load module waxe@wx_set_top_window__1

Compilation command :
haxelib run nme test Simple.nmml cpp

Do you have any idea of the problem ?

Thanks,

Kal

Cambiata

Nov 27, 2014, 12:39:24 PM11/27/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kal!

Did some waxe experiments some month ago, and successfully compiled and run on win, linux and osx.
What target(s) are you running?
You might have to recompile the waxe.ndll file for your target, wich requires waxe-works: https://github.com/nmehost/waxe-works
This might be a starting point: http://quaxe.org/index.php?post/2014/09/30/WebKit-embedded-in-a-standalone-OS-X-app-you-could-write-in-ten-minutes2

Jonas

Hugh

Nov 27, 2014, 11:21:09 PM11/27/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I have been running waxe from the git versions of nme and waxe, and have made a few changes recently.  I should probably do an official release soon.
You can get some more-recent versions at:

Hugh
Message has been deleted

Kal

Nov 29, 2014, 12:18:05 AM11/29/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I installed latest version of waxe and nme from nmehost (and haxe from haxe.org too, which I had installed with apt-get) but it didn't solve the error.

I will try to recompile the waxe.ndll so ! (I'm running cpp target)

Thank you both,

Kal

Kal

Nov 29, 2014, 1:33:34 AM11/29/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I didn't quite understand your question Jonas... I'm on a Linux 64 (Ubuntu 14.10)

I recompiled the waxe.ndll file, and it works now !

When I tried to compiled the waxe.ndll, there were some errors :
/usr/include/c++/4.9/string:38:28: fatal error: bits/c++config.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include <bits/c++config.h>
-> solved by installing g++-multilib

/usr/include/c++/4.9/bits/c++0x_warning.h:32:2: error: #error This file requires compiler and library support for the ISO C++ 2011 standard. This support is currently experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 compiler options.
-> solved by adding this line in the build.xml :
<compilerflag value = "--std=c++11" />

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gtypes.h:32:24: fatal error: glibconfig.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include <glibconfig.h>
-> solved by adding these lines in the build.xml :
 <compilerflag value="-I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include" />
 <compilerflag value="-I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include" />
(these lines were in the file, but into a <section if="M64"> tag... I don't know why it didn't worked)

Thanks,

Kal