How can I display accent characters in Neko with StablexUI Text?

Tom

Feb 28, 2014, 3:16:13 AM2/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I would like to make localized GUI for an OpenFL, Neko application, with StablexUI, but the accent characters, like (öóőúéáűí) not showed up, just gibberish - from bad character encoding.
This happens if I use UTF-8 encoded XML, or from code, too.

But if I compile into Flash, the characters are correct.

So I think Neko can't handle correctly the UTF-8 encoded string.
Any idea to correct this?
And because StablexUI is macro based, doest it need to modify to handle these characters?

Thanks for any answers!
Tom

Tom

Feb 28, 2014, 3:20:55 AM2/28/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
haxe.Utf8.decode(...)  is throw an error for this characters in Neko.