Meal.hx:1: characters 0-7 is missing ;

Reza Akhmad

Jan 14, 2014, 7:16:26 AM1/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com

Hello

im a very newbie in here and i need help that im trying to compile my simple code of haxe , and it still an error with Meal.hx:1: characters 0-7 is missing ;

i dont know where the error is, here's the code:

Meal.hx

package MyFridge;
class Meal
{
public var name : String;
public function new(f_name : String)
{
this.name = f_name;
}
}

Thank you

Simon Krajewski

Jan 14, 2014, 7:38:04 AM1/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Package names must be lower-case, but that seems like a strange error message to get from that. Could you open an issue about it here: https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/haxe/issues

Thanks!
Simon

Reza Akhmad

Jan 14, 2014, 8:08:17 AM1/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
yes i've been report this issue , i just started learn about haXe but i cant solve this problem in beginning, is there any references for newbie like me? thanks
my references now is e-book Haxe2 - beginner guide by benjamin

Cambiata

Jan 14, 2014, 2:05:25 PM1/14/14
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend you to download the work-in-progress HaxeManual from Simon's github repo:
https://github.com/Simn/HaxeManual/archive/master.zip

Inside the zip you find a HaxeDoc.pdf - the best reading you can get, I guess.

/ Jonas