YAHUI - Yet Another haXe UI.

Ian Harrigan

Jan 31, 2013, 11:50:51 AM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I just thought i would share a project im currently working on in free my time, its a UI lib for haxe that aims to be used out of the box and provide a native user experience via skins (so apps "feel" native), Anyways, its really in its infancy but thought i would share regardless.

Cheers,
Ian

Ian Harrigan

Jan 31, 2013, 11:52:14 AM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Link would have probably helped! :)

Franco Ponticelli

Jan 31, 2013, 11:57:54 AM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Very nice! Keep it moving because we really need a simple, cross-platform UI toolkit.

Franco

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Ian Harrigan <ianha...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Link would have probably helped! :)

Simon Krajewski

Jan 31, 2013, 11:58:05 AM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 31.01.2013 17:52, schrieb Ian Harrigan:
> Link would have probably helped! :)
>
> https://github.com/ianharrigan/YAHUI
Looks very interesting, keep it up!

Simon

j...@justinfront.net

Jan 31, 2013, 12:02:42 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Is it setup so we can use it with flash without any NME dependancy, if for instance I wanted to use haxe svn on a flash project and so was not setting up NME?

What issues are there with jeash just curious to know more.

Seems interesting is there an online flash demo somewhere?

Best Justin

On 31 Jan 2013, at 16:52, Ian Harrigan wrote:

Link would have probably helped! :)

Ian Harrigan

Jan 31, 2013, 12:12:01 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Hey JLM,

Unfortunately there is a dependency on nme at the moment. I might think about what you mentioned in the future, at the moment im just busy trying to create new controls and improved what is currently there.

As far as jeash, really its only the scroll rect and input fields, i mean you can use YAHUI with no problems, just as soon as you add a list or scroll view things start going wrong, hopefully when scroll rect is supported on jeash then it will all just work.

Ive added a compiled .swf to the repository, you can find it here: https://github.com/ianharrigan/YAHUI/blob/master/docs/demo/YAHUI.swf

Cheers,
Ian

Franco Ponticelli

Jan 31, 2013, 12:20:11 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Wow, it seems pretty solid!

(checkboxes should probably react clicking on the text too)

Franco

Nicolas Cannasse

Jan 31, 2013, 12:20:50 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Le 31/01/2013 17:50, Ian Harrigan a �crit :
BTW "haXe" is now spelled "Haxe" ;)

Best,
Nicolas

Franco Ponticelli

Joshua Granick

Jan 31, 2013, 12:24:37 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Nice! This is very nice

I might have to put this to use soon

Simon Krajewski

Jan 31, 2013, 12:29:02 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Am 31.01.2013 18:12, schrieb Ian Harrigan:
> Ive added a compiled .swf to the repository, you can find it
> here: https://github.com/ianharrigan/YAHUI/blob/master/docs/demo/YAHUI.swf

Wow, that Theme switch is really impressive!

Simon

Mihail Ivanchev

Jan 31, 2013, 12:58:49 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Good work, but take some time to comment the code :) As 4chan puts it: "this is relevant to my interests". It is indeed great to see an ambitious project. Perhaps we should keep a network on GitHub to better organize.

Simon

Ian Harrigan

Jan 31, 2013, 1:03:19 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the encouragment guys. Like i said its really in its infancy but the framework works pretty well so rolling out new stuff doesnt seem to be much of a headache (i created the textinput control in 30 mins - including the vscroll).

@Franco Ponticelli - Checkbox works as you suggested :)

@Nicolas Cannasse  - Updated github to use "Haxe" rather than "haXe"

@Mihail Ivanchev - Yeah, the comments certainly are sparse. Ill add more as i go along. In my defense there has been a lot of testing and checking before the code got "finalised" so comments werent really a priority. You are right though. :)

Mihail Ivanchev

Jan 31, 2013, 1:05:16 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Btw, what tool did you use for the README.md ? Thanks!

Ian Harrigan

Jan 31, 2013, 1:14:57 PM1/31/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Just textpad, its a subset of html that github renders and also kind of wiki like for textual shortcuts.

Justin Donaldson

Jan 31, 2013, 1:47:20 PM1/31/13
to Haxe
Great timing, lots of people were looking for some general UI libs for more general purpose apps.  This looks like a great start.

-Justin

blog: http://www.scwn.net
twitter: sudojudo

Juraj Kirchheim

Feb 1, 2013, 5:34:46 AM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Great work! ;)

Confidant

Feb 1, 2013, 10:57:13 AM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
This is fantastic, and I'm glad it uses NME. HaxeASwing seemed to be moving pretty slowly in the HTML5 target.
Thanks!

Andy Li

Feb 1, 2013, 11:09:48 AM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
For the github issue, fyi: https://twitter.com/andy_li/status/296322444912902144
Still no reply from the github guys :(
Not sure what we can do here...

Andy

Franco Ponticelli

Feb 1, 2013, 11:35:10 AM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andy, retweeted to amplify the volume.

j...@justinfront.net

Feb 1, 2013, 11:42:41 AM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Probably worth us all emailing them here:

Confidant

Feb 1, 2013, 12:15:43 PM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Wow this, and today another UI framework gets announced! StablexUI

j...@justinfront.net

Feb 1, 2013, 2:53:58 PM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Github have just got back to me they are looking into it for us :)

On 1 Feb 2013, at 18:10, Brian Levine (GitHub Staff) wrote:

Hey Justin!

We use Linguist (https://github.com/github/linguist) to determine a repository's language. It looks like after the Haxe community switched from the 'haXe' spelling, there have been problems with its detection and listing. It isn't showing up on the main languages page, but you can see that the language specific page exists here:

https://github.com/languages/Haxe

There was an issue open regarding this problem a few months back. I'll let them know that it's still happening.

Cheers!
Brian

Franco Ponticelli

Feb 1, 2013, 3:00:43 PM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Good Justin, thank you.
Linkedin still to go ;)

Franco

Joshua Granick

Feb 1, 2013, 9:04:07 PM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
If they could take Haxe off the "other" list for the project percentages, and stop counting *.n files as Nemerle, would also be nice!
Andy

Joshua Granick

Feb 1, 2013, 9:05:17 PM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Actually, it doesn't even show on the "Languages" list :(

Joshua Granick

Feb 1, 2013, 9:07:44 PM2/1/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Ah, you can access it by direct link:

For what it is worth, the "All Languages" list has 90 languages, but Haxe is currently #48 on GitHub. Worth adding :)

Ian Harrigan

Feb 13, 2013, 2:10:05 PM2/13/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Just to let everyone know there have been some fairly largish updates and new controls. The style system still needs alot of work (but is better than using xml skins), padding and % sizing works more expected. And there a a few new controls (plus list item types - basically just sub components). Still very much in its infancy, but plodding along.

Cheers,
Ian

Cambiata

Feb 13, 2013, 3:59:13 PM2/13/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Ian!

Great update!

Ian Harrigan

Mar 5, 2013, 11:40:08 AM3/5/13
to haxe...@googlegroups.com
Just a headsup, ive had some major computer/github issues and as a result had lost my z:\testprojects dir, ive now moved yahui over to the "haxeui" repo, ill leave yahui there but i wont be working on it anymore, ill move the issues over soon also, but if you have anymore add them to haxeui instead.

Cheers,
Ian